the secret is out Media Center Key Accidentally Gives Pirates Free Windows 8 Pro Lice

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by binded, Nov 21, 2012.

1. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Not needed this.They will do online check when we try to download wmc from add feature menu.If our keys not lifetime we can't download and activate our windows 8 copy legitimate after february.But you are right may be I can restore lifetime with my token.dat files.But may be this files include only kms activation data and I needed to redownload for reactivate permanent wmc andd if microsoft doesn't permit after february they will be problem.I hope ı can explain.Sorry for my bad english.

2. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    OK, that is not necessary, read all about it in the "AIO" topic.

3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Not sure that how many times you can use that key on same system for online reactivation but once activated before 31st they are for lifetime & ATM backup will work for sure.

4. snorge

snorge MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    That isn't really legal because we don't own the rights to the kms keys.

5. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Well neither does any students at Columbia or any other university own the right to any keys - as long as you are given access to a legal KMS host, you have legal activation..its more a moral issue IMHO:whistle3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    It's funny how these assclowns attribute their "findings" to each other when this forum already discussed it a month earlier.

7. moparbob

moparbob MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2012
    You are insulting me sir. I am going to report you.

8. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    LOL, have fun. I don't even know who the f**k you are and how I addressed you.

9. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Maybe he will report you to the committee to elect the most brilliant MDL contributor.
    I will also report you. And him. But not there. Some will understand. But not all.

10. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah not sure wots that's about... profanity begets disrespect ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. 24q6hr

24q6hr MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2011
    To fasak: long story short:
    I got my free WMC key from MS
    I converted Win8 Pro install kit to Win8 Pro with WMC install kit using Windows Download Integrator.
    I made a fresh installation of the Win8 Pro with WMC using the created Win8 Pro with WMC install kit
    I entered my free WMC key and successfully activated online. No other key needed, no other activation method needed.

Simple as a crystall well :)
    In fact Win8 Pro with WMC is a higher edition than pure Win8 Pro (something like Win7 Ultimate is higher than Win7 Pro). So you don't need to bother with activation of the previous version. Just activate directly the higher one.

12. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    So from what I am understanding these keys you just need to get before that time but they still will activate after January?

13. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Little unclear to me too, I think they need to be USED before January, but will still work once used, after.

14. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    "Offer valid from October 26, 2012, until January 31, 2013, and is limited to one product key per email address. Your product key must be activated no later than January 31, 2013."

It doesnt state more, so wait and see.

15. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Just for fun I activated a 2nd lappy with the same WMC key via cyberlady... so strictly speaking these keys are not tied to one machine ..:p

Thus I think as long as we activate all our keys before 1 Feb cyberlady will give us activation on any machine..:D

16. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
  17. zwaan123

zwaan123 MDL Member

Aug 15, 2011
    win8.chickenkiller.com is open now for activation of windows 8 office 2010 and 2013
    (Run in command as a admin)

Windows 8 64/32 bit pro and enterprise:

slmgr /skms win8.chickenkiller.com
    slmgr /ato

Office 2013 64 bit:

cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
    cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:win8.chickenkiller.com
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

Office 2013 64 bit:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

Office 2010 64 bit:

cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

Office 2010 64 bit:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

18. mp44stg

mp44stg MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2012
    1. Get a legit MCE add feature key [free from Microsoft]
    2. Install Win8 Pro w/MCE [use install key]
    3. Use slmgr.vbs -ipk [Legit MCE add feature key from Microsoft] to change to Legit MCE key
    4. Reboot PC
    5. Click "Activate by Phone"
    6. Call number for automated service
    7. Enter installation ID [as long as your MCE add feature key is legit installation id will verify]
    8. Enter ID you get back in boxes A-H [Write them down also, you CAN reinstall with this same method :) only no need to call next time ]
    and click "Activate". Now your Windows 8 Pro w/MCE is activated and LEGIT !!!
    9. Reboot, connect to internet and all is good....

19. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Yes this works except for one problem, your activation history is stored in data.dat.
    Connect to the internet and run "slmgr -ato", as it is an upgrade key it will verify with MS if your Activation Chain is Genuine. Result "Not Genuine"

By Contrast:
    If you install a Full Licence Product key by Phone activation then connect to the internet and run "slmgr -ato" the SPP does not connect to the internet but validates locally against it's own Activation Data. Result "Product Activated" (again, not really) and you remain Genuine.

The SPP treats Upgrade Licences differently to Full Licences. We can conclude that MS thought through the Activation system and possible abuse of the free WMC Upgrade program. The phone activation works for now as quite possibly the legacy system in place is not able to transfer the Activation Chain information via the Installation ID. Seeing as MS put so much thought into preventing circumvention do you really think they left this open to abuse. My conclusion would be wait for Genuine Validation be enabled and then see how Genuine you are.

It was widely accepted nobody would want Win8, MS marketing realised to catch a fish you had to bait the hook!!!

I wise man would also have a backup plan.

20. Pushkar112

Pushkar112 MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2010
    Can You Please Tell Me Steps To Integrate WMC In Win8 DVD using windows download integrator