The stupidest problem with 7Loader - help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bintoito, Aug 26, 2009.

1. bintoito

bintoito MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Hy guys!!

First of all, congrats everyone for this forum - it really is a rich source of info!! :)

Secondly...

Been trying to activate Seven, using 7Loader by Hazar and Orbit - to you, my most sincere congrats for your work :))

As for the problem at hand:

Notebook - Asus F3f AP149C

After i was able to completly eliminate the hidden recovery partition I was able to run your cr**k, both v1.2 and v1.5 great - they both activate 7 permantly with the option for those who don't have 2.1 SLIC (using pcwizard 2009 I see that my bios is is slic enabled and SLC is 2.0).

Now the stupid thing is that when the 7loader is installed and the OS activated AND when connected on mains, my Core 2 Duo T5200, is always at 1.6 GHz, not underclocking to 800MHz, as it should when idling, or doing low power hungry stuff.

Even if I use the power saver option from 7, or Asus power 4 gear, with it's equivalent to the power saver profile, I am unable to underclock the cpu...that's really annoying because of the fans running all the time. On battery, everything performs as it should, though..

If I desintall the 7loader, windows seven returns to the correct usage of EIST (enhanced speedstep feature).

Can you please shed some light as to what should I do to have the Seven activated AND speedstep running properly?!?!

I've lost count as to how many times i've reinstalled the so, until i came to the conclusion that 7loader was to blame, and the number of hours that I've spent looking for someone with a similar situation...

So, any help here would be immensly appreciated

Gratefully yours,

vitor

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi, 1.6 will have a rewritten loader to avoid these problems, it will most likeley be released on oct 22nd. Hope you can survive until then :) by rearming or whatever.

3. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    #3 nononsence, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #4 HotCarl, Aug 27, 2009
  5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #5 Mr Jinje, Aug 27, 2009
  6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #6 HotCarl, Aug 27, 2009
  7. bintoito

bintoito MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    hey guys, manu thanks to all your replies so far.

I've tried about half a dozen of activators so far, strangely they all did their job at activating windows, except one - guess I can't complaint here; unfortunately all of them still mess up speedstep.

I'm gonna read up on the rearm thinguie, see if simple enough not to make me waste another hour around this issue.

As to activating windows manually, to see if that way wouldn't mess up EIST, I think that it's a bit too much for my wagon.. besides, having to do all those steps each time I want to reinstall the OS, it's not too practicall for me.

guess that i'm gonna rearm it if it's simple and there is a way to rearm it automatically each time the 30 days are coming up, or i'll just live with 1.6 GHz and the fans running lol. it's not too loud really, it's just a question of wanting to have things working as they should!

If by any chance you should come across to a solution to this problem, pleease let me know!!

Thx again guyz

8. bintoito

bintoito MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Thx for the info, but my problem isn't activating Seven, but the subsequent problem with speedstep with every activator. guess i'm gonna wait 'till Hazar's & Orbit30 v1.6 in october ;)