The Windows XP OEMBIOS Archive

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by crypto, Sep 16, 2009.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Michel, you wont have windows source files on that disk it is a recovery cd probably disk images in the parts folder.

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yes it is a recovery disk is there anyway to get those files ? installing xp again ?

3. P3N3TRAT10N

P3N3TRAT10N MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2009
    MPC Computers, formerly Micron PC, OEMBIOS Files

I retrieved these OEMBIOS files from a customer's MPC TransPort T2300 notebook. I verified them with signtool and the files were compressed with makecab.exe LZX compression method. Also included are the OEMINFO and OEMLOGO files. Also the CRC has been computed for them. I did not decrypt the oembios.dat file but I'm sure that Suicide Solution, Crypto, Yen, or another MDL Moderator will whenever they add these to the archive.

MPC-A04597C6
    Megaupload: ****://$$$.##########.com/?d=MF4JOSRR
    **** = http
    $$$ = www
    ########## = megaupload
    This is my first post and this forum will not allow me to post the link to Megaupload for the MPC files. Guess whenever I reach the count of two or greater then I'll post the link. My apologies to the people in the forum that would like to have these files directly linked. Just deciper the easy crypt code above.

Thanks to Crypto for the correction. I'll leave the files uploaded to the link, just in case someone would like the MPC OEMLOGO and OEMINFO file. The OEMBIOS files are for a Gateway and he identified that the Product Key was for an OEM COA. Oh well, if the key gets blacklisted.

4. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Thank you for your contribution and for providing these files in a very organized way.

Unfortunately, those aren't the MPC OEMBIOS files.
    Those are the Gateway OEMBIOS files, and they're already on the list (CRC32: A04597C6).

Also, the product key isn't OEM SLP. It is a normal OEM System Builder key (OEM COA), which requires activation.

At least we now have the MPC OEM logo, so thank you for that. ;)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes you would need to install xp again sometimes companies also copy the i386 folder to windows but not always.

you can use the files in this zip file i uploaded to grab your oem bios files and oem key .

6. P3N3TRAT10N

P3N3TRAT10N MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2009
    To Crypto

Thanks for the correction Crypto. I should have checked them for a redundant CRC32 and assumed those were the correct ones from the notebook. I'm assuming now that is why the customer brought me the notebook because of previous repair attempts with another OEM disc. I did not check to see if there were any strings added to the DMI because I was in a rush with delivering it back to them. Also, the Windows XP installation media that I built for them included these files and was offline activated. Or so I thought it was offline activated because I ran an unattend.xml and it's possible that the notebook connected to the servers for activation since I had it connected to the LAN. Does anyone know if there is any relationship between MPC and Gateway operating system OEM files for activations? I thought that I read somewhere Micron PC, which became MPC, had purchased the Gateway Professional series of computers for production. Perhaps that is why the notebook .dat hash matched the SLP string in the actual firmware of the notebook. Again, I'm assuming that the notebook firmware was unaltered and cannot check it now. I'm new to these modifications and have been teaching myself about the different types of BIOS tables through this site and Rebel's Haven. I'm working towards one day being able to learn enough Assembly to write functions similar to the BIOS for specific Intel-based architecture. I hope to contribute more to the forum later on.

7. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    #47 crypto, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    According to Wikipedia:

"In September 2007, MPC Corporation announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Gateway, Inc.'s Professional Services Unit business line for approximately $90 million."

That notebook may very well have the "Gateway" SLP string in the BIOS, though OEM SLP activation will not be triggered, if the product key used is the one you provided.

The SLP strings for MPC Computers are the following (retrieved from Microsoft's MGADiag tool):

Code:
    "buympc"
    buympc
    micron

Anyway, welcome to the forums!
    I look forward to see more of your contributions. ;)

8. kukumalu

kukumalu MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Thank so much guy. It very usefull!

9. THACH19T

THACH19T MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks a lot man!
    Have a nice day :)

10. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #52 FreeStyler, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  11. orsa1

orsa1 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    I need oembios files for "flybook dialogue" is possible fuond somewhere?

tanks in advance

12. bolshoi

bolshoi MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks alot mate, the torrent i needed was dead or not moving, saves me the time on your quick mirrors. THANKS

13. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    please reupload the compressed version of FIC - First International Computer (CRC32=15367043). mediafire seems to be having a problem with the server that hosts that file.

14. THACH19T

THACH19T MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks a lot guy :)

15. TxPaul

TxPaul MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    Newbie Question

Newbie, so please pardon what is probably a stupid question. Just spent 2 weekends making my first SLP disc. Using a Gigabyte MB, so used the appropriate Gibabyte OEMBios and key. Disc has loaded XP Pro on the computer fine, but I still get the popup that I have to activate Windows in 30 days. So here's the stupid question - does this mean my OEMBios work failed?
    Also, when loading windows I received one message that it could not load file "MSRD2x40.dll".

I built my SLP disc by using Ryan's RVM Integrator v1.6.7, started with my authentic XP Pro OEM CD, integrated in RVMUpdatePackSP2_2.2.5.7z, then integrated in YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_V3_3_1.7z, and finally integrated in the OEMScan_Add-on last, after modifying the ini file as directed. How do I know what went wrong?

Pardon the "stoopid" but these are new waters for me and I'd appreciate any help.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #59 urie, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  17. TxPaul

TxPaul MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    Newbie Question

I had already run the OEM BIOS test on the motherboard, and it listed Gigabyte (6C0C2E95) so that is what I used. Nothing besides Gigabyte ever showed up - I have seen some threads where people get different readings when they run the test multiple times (perhaps because of the manufactures of other equipment in the system.) Ran OEMBios after loading XP and it stills shows Gigabyte 6C0C2E95.

If the SLP disc had been successful I would not get the pop up message to activate, is that correct?

The MB is a Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H.