The Windows XP Repository

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ameykelkar, May 19, 2011.

1. Kazekage Gaara

Kazekage Gaara MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2012
    Thanx urie, I'll check it out.

I also found stream's post here, (it would not let me hyperlink coz of my post count :()which says...

Now, I've downloaded everything in the above links and wanted to know...

When it said "replace Genuine C&C OEMBIOS", should I use compressed or uncompressed Genuine C&C OEMBIOS ?

Also, will this work with an already activated and working Windows XP ? or will I have to format everything and do a clean install ?

It would be great if it could work with the currently installed and updated Windows XP :)

Thanx guys :)

2. Kazekage Gaara

Jan 16, 2012
    Hi guys,

I used the OEMChanger tool and put compressed files, decompressed them using the tool, and installed it.

After restart, it would not let me login. It just says "This copy of Windows needs to be activated. Do you want to activate this copy now".

When I click Yes, it would give me the options of either online or phone, and when I select telephone, it would ask me to put the "Installation ID" or something like that.

If I don't activate it, it just logs me off and the only other option is to shutdown the computer.

Now, I didn't know what to do, so I logged into safe mode and after various trial and error, I finally installed "antiwpa3" in safe mode. After installation and a restart, it let me log in.

So now, am back inside Windows, what should I do now ?

I need to make my Windows XP Pro as Genuine, so next time I do a WGA scan, it should show my Windows is genuine.

Thanx a lot in advance for all the help guys. Desperately waiting for a reply :)

3. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    No, you are right, the oembios tool reported that none of the 116 available sets match his board, so none do. The fact he has a Intel board doesn't have to mean the required SLP string is loaded (in the correct memory range).
    FYI: If the 'Genuine Intel' string was sucessfully loaded, the oembios tool would have report the Genuine C&C set to be matching, in this case it didn't.

4. Kazekage Gaara

Jan 16, 2012
    So, what should I do now ?

5. Kazekage Gaara

Jan 16, 2012
    That's alright :) I've downloaded the USB version and have made a bootable USB pen drive.

Am reading up on that thread and trying to figure out how to go ahead about it :)

Thanx a lot guys. Will let you know where I get stuck :p

Edit: Now that I have antiWPA installed, am gonna have to read up on how to uninstall it too, if at all necessary :)

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    If you install a decent AntiVirus, antiwpa will be removed automaticly :giggle:

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. Kazekage Gaara

Jan 16, 2012
    Woohoo!!! It worked GREAT :D My copy now shows genuine :D

I used the IIA and added "Hewlett - Packard". Checked with OEMBIOSTEST and it showed "HP & Compaq OEMBIOS.CAT CRC = CD4E1902 should preactivate this system."

I then downloaded the HP uncompressed OEMBIOS files and used OEMBIOSchanger to apply those changes.

After restart, used MGAdiag to check, but it showed "Cryptographic errors". I then did some research on these forums, and then downloaded the latest WGA, "WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86", it fixed that issue and showed "Thank you for validating your copy...."

I ran MGAdiag again and now it shows as Genuine :D

Thank you so much for all the help guys. Really appreciate the effort :D

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thats it!!!! You have done it.... :)

10. So Solid Jedi

So Solid Jedi MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2008
    Hi, anyone have a link to this?

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (English)
    ISO|English|Release Date: 8/12/2004|Hide Details

File Name: en_winxp_pro_with_sp2.iso
    Languages: English
    SHA1: 7cd7058dbbfab108316b20fe4cef989abebf211f

11. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Is there a way to convert 'en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80428.iso' into volume license/corporate channel?

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Personally I used the command line version; anyway I think that renaming them will do the job ;)

14. atsky

atsky MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks so much indeed!

15. Fmateus

Fmateus MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2012
    How many days until the end of Windows XP support?