The Worst Feature Of Windows 8 Is Internet Explorer 10

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rock Hunter, Jul 5, 2012.

1. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Beside the flash security issue in IE10, which is patched long ago by adobe itself , i´m not able to get familiar with that browser. For me there is no way arround Firefox.
    Best mixture of produktivity and styling i found so far.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I disabled the Shockwave Flash add-on in IE10.
    Problem fixed..

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    well i dont know about all but I am using the download flash add on, adblock, noia theme, flash block. Thats all I use as add on.

I found out that 64 bit palemoon use little bit less resources that 32 bit fire fox. Thats is my experience. and loads faster than firefox. But of course you can search the net about some people reviews about it. And you decide.

Hmmmm, the reason why I switch to palemoon is because they have a 64 bit browser. There is also the water fox and nightly builds. I used water fox before but it uses more resources than palemoon. Of course some sites or most of sites they prefer the 32 bit browser cause mainly of flash or java but I was not a serious browser guy :smokecowboy: so it doesnt bother me. :vertag:

I wish chrome will make 64 bit browser. Oh they do, but only for linux....

5. JamesG269

JamesG269 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    Gee, I get the feeling you made those numbers up, dunno why - I will say that statcounter counts stats each day, and weekday IE use is hardly higher than weekend IE use, so I don't think work machines are that significant..IE10 has many html5, css, svg, etc. things in it that have not overcome the web, so how would I know what would happen if things were arbitrarily different. Can't comment on arbitrary alternate realities, all I know is IE10 is very good, in fact I dumped waterfox and palemoon for it, after trying those FF based browsers out for a few days, they lack the snappyness IE10 has in general (and a persistent issues of flash videos having no sound occasionally, etc.). But as always if you like add-ons, nothing beats FF, just don't care about add-ons personally.

6. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
  7. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    #69 night.fox, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    I hate to admit that you were right about IE10 snappy. I do found out that IE10 is better than IE9 and 8 but I was never been IE fan. But I believe, if MS will just make IE open sourced, alot of users will switch to IE .... just my 2 cents :D

thanks for duck duck go. I just read the privacy rules. and i just make it as my default search engine now

8. Cosmic101

Cosmic101 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2012
    Personally I really like ie10, it is snappy, and for 99% of things I do on the net works just fine. The add-ons have always seemed lacking compared to FF. However as I have an older ati graphics card the hardware acceleration in FF causes it to crash until ati update their older drivers for win 8. I still miss natscape navigator browser o_O

9. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008

I think I'll give this a try - thanks.

10. Cosmic101

Cosmic101 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2012
    #73 Cosmic101, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Unfortunately Netscape is a long dead browser, I was just reminiscing about when that was the number one browser lol. I do have doubts about how honest Google privacy policy really is, but in reality it probably is no different then any other company out there. They all really want to track us, to target advertising at us.:glare:

11. Chinny

Chinny MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
    Truth.

I only use IE if I only need to quickly open a page (And dont want to restore my tab session)

12. TGNT

TGNT MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I always have problems using IE10 when sending gmail email with attaching pictures.