there is no genius like me in the world :-( <thunderstorm flash problem>

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by YIN, Dec 31, 2010.

1. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    #1 YIN, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    i made a mod for old asrock mobo (P4i65G)
    5 second after i start the flash procedure i saw a lightning outside and the power of my building fall for 2 second

there is any way to recover that bios anyhow

2. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Dude that is just bad luck...
    ok there might be a way..
    If you still have the MotherBoard and all connected ... when you boot the system dose it look for the floppy drive " you will know if it looks for floppy if the floppy light lights up on power on " if so you might be in luck.put your bios flash tool on a bootble floppy put in system and leave for aprox 15 min .
    or you could try the hold in home key on boot.. this also looks for floppy for some motherboards ... best bet is do a google search for booting system with failed bios flash .. other than that you may have a bricked motherboard.
    Some motheroards look for floppy drive in bios fail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    i connect to the mobo floppy and put the original bios on the floppy and change the name to amiboot.rom but its not working even with the ctrl+home key combination
    must be something else

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    This wont work with ASRock motherboard most don't have recovery built into bios. you will need replacment bios rom or get old rom reprogramed as Yihetuan mentioned or you could Hot Swap if you have another P4i65G motherboard.