Thinkpad T43 Mod Quandry

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by atitino, Nov 19, 2011.

1. atitino

atitino MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2011
    I have a Thinkpad T43 (2668-94U) and wanted to get rid of the notorious hard drive 2010 error and maybe to install Win 7 eventually. I downloaded the ISO file T43p-1YET65WW SLIC 2.1 no 1802 no 2010.iso ( made by TTAV134) and per instruction burned the image into a CD. Then, I followed the direction and booted from the CD. One initially sees the progress of flash of BIOS and after a few minutes nothing happened. No progression occurred. I was at a loss and waited 30 minutes before finally bravely decided to unplug and recycled power and reboot again. Lo and behold the error is gone? I rebooted and checked the BIOS (seemed to be the correct version but I am not sure) again and there is no 2010 error.

Should I flash BIOS again because I want to make sure teh SLIC 2.1 is there and the BIOS is flashed correctly? Or should I use Phoenix Winphlsh in the Win XP environment rather than going straight booting from CD/DVD drive.

When I unzip the abovementioned iso image file, I noticed there is ROM file named $0197000.ROM Should I only select "Verify Block after programming" in the advanced setting? Any suggestions as to how to proceed? :eek:

Thanks