ThinkPad W701ds BIOS Problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by RobertS, Jan 22, 2014.

1. RobertS

RobertS MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2014
    Hello !
    My name is Robert , I'm new to the forum , sorry for my English , I come from Polish .
    I turn to you for help . ThinkPad W701ds I generally work, but had a little problem with WiFi and decided to update the BIOS , downloaded the updates from the manufacturer in version 1.30 . I ran the updater from windows 7 Currently the computer from starting up but there is no ThinkPad logo on startup , horizontal stripes flying , you can not run windows , and when you try to install the new Windows crashes . Pop up messages about the lack of compatibility of the bios of the plate ( with the controller power supply , disk, etc ) .
    I have a house programmer , removing the BIOS chip MX25L6405D noticed that saved the bios is the size 8M , and this with an update only about 3M . Does anyone have the BIOS may 8M or przeporgramować BIOS knows how to get everything back to normal ? I would add that the board acts on the i7- 920XM .
    Please help , I 've had enough knowledge of the large repair motherboards so any information and advice can help me .
    Thanks in advance for their help .