Thinkpad x60

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jubangy, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Does anyone happen to have a backup of a working x60 1707-c9u they could share. Winflash crashed during update while was flashing and now it is borked.
    I ordered a
    ATMEL Microchip SST ST Winbond Microcontroller ISP Programmer 89c51 89c52 89s52

Hopefully that will work

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Anyone? Will flashing the .fl1 file from lenovo work?

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    make a backup.bin of your crash chip.. we can try to fix that with bios merging it in hexeditor. then u can flash back.

4. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Ok thanks. I just got programmer in the mail, but now have no computer currently with parallel port :( so as soon as i overcome that hurdle i will post flash. thanks again

5. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Ok, set up a pc with parallel port, have willem pcb6 programmer, and I got my hands on an adapter to clip on the chip so to not have to solder. am not at a dead lock as there really was not much documentation with this programmer. Any hel would be much appreciated. Thanks

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    youtube.. willem
    sometimes adapter does not read.. desolder.

7. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Ok, I apparently have a willems knockoff. Either way not a whole lot on you tube for what I am trying to do. I did desolder the chip, and am going to try again later today to see if can read it. I don't have a lot of faith in this programmer though as I am reading how people just hooked some wires up to the chip and their lpt port and have had far less issues then me trying to get it to read. We shall see, if no go I may go ahead and order the speg from all service . ro
    If you happen to have any other suggestions or insight into this programmer I welcome it.
    Thanks latin

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i almost bought one .. ended up buying a cheap EN25T80 SPI only.

9. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Well this thing I worked with for 2 hours and nothing I try seems to read. Cant even identify the chip. I've used spipgm2, and the elnec software and nothing.

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    check parallel port in bios to say ECP not the others.

11. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    I changed to ECP, used a 9v adapter instead of the usb power still nothing. However 2 pins broke off from all the messing with it there is a tiny bit showing it looks like the soic clip is still making contact but hard to tell as nothing has changed as far as trying to read it.
    Using spipgm2 seems as though it is not doing anything as it does not light the spi light on the programmer like elnec does, but as soon as i remove the chip from the programmer spipgm reports wp needing set to high or something to that affect.

12. jubangy

jubangy MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2013
    Ok I managed to get it to read. Not sure the condition of it though lol

h**p://w w w.adrive.c o m/public/afEgS7/bios%20read.BIN