This device is not authorized to use Microsoft Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 21, 2015.

1. cdavisdeco

cdavisdeco MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2015
    What could cause this? Is this possible to happen all the Daz activated Win 7 to Win 10 upgrades and KMS activated?

2. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    .....The best way for solved this problem would be you call for M$ and explain the facts,i think.Or stay here and have endless thread..:biggrin:

3. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Did he try to boot in safe mode to see if it then still apear on the screen?

Because he say he could see something like ad that started up in program list...

Hell, just could be some new worm or adware that fouls you into this.
    Just find it very suspicious that only one have this, nothing to find on internet of it...:eek:

But yes a screenprint or pic here could do a lot.
    I think it should be possible to boot in a minimal windows with safe mode and see what is loading at boot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I'm surprised the thread has continued... I no longer care as I don't have time to care (it is Christmas Eve) and I simply decided to format that PC and install Linux as I posted a few pages ago.

So there will be no diagnosing from me. Sorry.

5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Agreed. LOL

I thought that line of thinking was funny too.

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Abviously no one read the thread. If you did, you would know it was an actual valid upgrade with no cracking or tricking M$ into thinking I was entitled to a free upgrade (thought I made that clear). I only turned to KMS on that PC as a last resort and that failed too (once I tried to update).

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    If my tone seems a little harsh it isn't aimed at anyone in particular, rather I see this thread going nowhere and fast. Obviously this seems to be not common (at least for now). I'm sure if I encountered this it is possible someone else could. I admit I don't know how one would and while it is frustrating not knowing, I'm to busy to really follow up.

I received a lot of PM's about this. I guess it causes some sort of panic and that isn't what I want or what I want to deal with. :rolleyes:

A staff member is welcome to close this thread. If someone else has this issue start your own thread and feel free to link back in reference.

8. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    On the contrary, a thread in which there's so many fear and uncertainty should not be closed. This is the place to discuss this peculiar case and, perhaps, dissipate the panic.

Santa Claus is coming! Merry Christmas! :biggrin:

9. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Post screenshot, pls... :) or take photo of it.

10. frepsz

frepsz MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Maybe it's a bug. The "device not authorized" part sounds more like when you're trying to hack you android phone to run windows, rather than a ban. Certain machine types may be blocked as not authorized as they are sold with some other OS, or whatever.