Thunderbird - help / advice needed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by case-sensitive, Jul 18, 2020.

1. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    I need to download all the emails in a folder from my email account and cant figure out how to do it . I've installed thunderbird and can now see the folder and all the emails in it but cant find a setting that allows me to download copys of them to my computer . I also looked in google but find no help .

The emails are very important and i'm concerned that i might mess it up and loose them all . Normaly when i use a new program i just play with it and press buttons to see what happens ...... but in this case i cant afford to do that because i cant afford to loose them .

Can someone please help me and tell me how to do it . Thanks .

2. excalibur2

excalibur2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 1, 2015
    #2 excalibur2, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Well there is a backup program for Thunderbird but if you want to copy the profile onto another disk you go to:-
    Users\your name for the computer\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\profiles and is usually the default, so if you wanted to set up the same thunderbird on another computer you would changed the name of the default file (that you have saved) to the default name that was setup when installing a new copy of thunderbird...of course you would have to rename the default file in setup to #####.old or overwrite it.
    hope I got the answer that you were expecting.

3. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Wow that was quick :) Thank you .

There are no emails in the profile folder they're on my email providers server and they dont offer a chance to download them .

4. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    OK . Got them . I had to uninstall thunderbird 78 and then install 68.9 and then the importexporttools_ng-4.1.0-tb addon ...... and then pray that i didnt mess it up and that the addon wouldnt delete the mails on the server :) ...... it worked and downloaded all of the emails in a few seconds .