Timebomb

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nash211, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nash211

nash211 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011
    I found this on the internet, does it work, and where do you get the files to change it: It shows the store and token files that are to be re-placed. Can this work. I am just curious, this was done for consumer preview, which I am using. I know it says 7850, but the same principle is supposed to work with 8250.

1.) Extract files from Activator for build 7850 with 7-Zip.
    2.) In your install.WIM, go to Windows\System32\spp
    3.) Take Ownership on entire spp folder.
    4.) Overwrite folder store from Activator folder to spp (in system32 of your wim)
    5.) From subfolder tokens (in activator folder) copy folders issuance and ppdlic to spp\tokens in system of your wim (overwrite all files).

Re-build your Wim file.

Attached Files:

2. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    #2 franz99, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Sorry but I do not really understand what it is about here in this thread …

Is this topic about removing the « TimeBomb » from a Windows installation ?
    Such as Windows 8 CP or RP which is already activated but contains a date of expiration

3. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I wish to try that hack on W8DP is somebody who has tried?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It willn't work obviously as 7850 is nothing but an Enterprise edition with slightly updated kernel. So one can just swap the tokens.dat from Windows 7 Enterprise & activate it via KMS method.

Btw, why do you need this?? As RTM (may) comes in July ;)

5. nash211

nash211 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011
    Yup, it is supposed to remove the expiration date Jan 2013, why do you need to do this. no reason. This is about the same reason the watermark is removed, people don't like the watermark, someone figures out how to remove it. I was able to find some files made no difference as far as I can tell.

6. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Hey Tito,

understand that someone that does not like metro, and is happy with aero, has no interest in RTM, furthermore in RTM there are some metro improvements, removing aero.
    If someone finds out how to remove timebomb in RP it will be good :worthy:, otherwise 7 will be my next upgrade in February 2013

Nice day fellow

PS we are no quite so sure RTM it will be so easy and worthy of "getting free" :D

7. nash211

nash211 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011

Yes hope someone can figure out a fix for the timebomb, that would be good.

8. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Ugh... I can already see the threads coming... "Windows not genuine", "Apps don't work", "SP1 won't install", "I don't want to reformat", etc.

Running a prerelease OS is a stupid idea.

9. nash211

nash211 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011
    How are we going to see what is new without running a pre release, you have to update software, test what works and what doesn't, windows 7 there were countless watermark removers,timebombs etc, before the final release.

10. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Easy. That build doesn't matter at all anymore. So...

11. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Maybe for you, btw what are you doing here so? :D

And so? why blame that? until this is not first prerelease OS fort the major of us, of course i will not post:
    Huh my RP is expired, why it reboots every hour??
    So come on, we test, try, install, reinstall for fun and passion, and if we choose to run a prerelease on a good machine where is stable, all drivers ok, why not keep for everyday use? Maybe for your needings is stupid idea.....
    At that point you will not see difference at all from RP to RTM for running normal programs, for that development is over, Metro app for being in RC stage are too much buggy to be used for real, so...
    RTM hopefully will fix all Metro bugs(otherwise Microsoft will be badsuggested for real) and remove Aero and easy to activate solution....
    So why make so much effort for SMTHG like that?
    Of course where are a jail, someone for passion and honour to have done it, will find the key to open it... :D:D:D:D

12. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    In case it wasn't obvious, what I'm saying is that running obsolete and unsupported prerelease builds for regular use is a stupid idea. Of course running them for test use is fine, in fact that's their only purpose. All third-party drivers and software are going to be developed and tested only against RTM when it's available, and prerelease builds won't receive any updates or bugfixes. Really, that's what you'd call a "stable" release suitable for everyday use?

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If like to do yourself a favor and for to save time, read the Stickies about KMS and other of this forum and you'll get fully activate in no time without gimmiks, hassle and loosing time for nothing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    this thread is dead old lol. He wanted to deactivate the RP version of Win8 not RTM. So nothing but doodoo to fix this