Tiworker.exe CPU usage and disk

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by CalinTM, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    You may not be the only person with this problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I think so. But ive disabled them for good now, thanks to PsExec.

After reboot they still keep disabled.

But im wondering, in the Idle Maintenance, within some tab, says: start the task only if the PC is in idle for...(put your number).

If i unchecked that line, maybe i had it fixed long ago ?

3. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    #23 Wazoo, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    In 'Idle Maintenance Properties - Conditions' maximum that can be set for Idle Delay is 1 hour and Wait For Idle is 2 hours.
    Don't know if unchecking the box will prevent it from starting. Seems like too easy a solution because everyone is complaining of the CPU hog and the only solution seems to require disabling Maintenance Configurator thus allowing Idle Maintenance to be permanently Disabled.

Strange thing is that my two laptops (1 with Pro and 1 with Pro WMC) have Idle Maintenance Status 'Disable' while Maintenance Configurator Status is 'Ready'. I have done nothing to ever change the Task Scheduler and Idle Maintenance has NEVER run. On the old desktop with CSL the Idle Maintenance is 'Enabled' and runs normally when system has been idle for ten minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CalinTM

Aug 6, 2012
    Yep, seems logic.

Also if now i install my win8.0 vanilla from 2012 release date i bet i dont have those problems, with maintenance's and craps...

5. CalinTM

Aug 6, 2012
    Ok i have enabled all of them again, just to test something.

To pus them on a very far schedule, for example to start in 2020, i mean never.

I did this for them, and it works also !! Waited 20min on idle, and no CPU usage anymore, and no more hassle with PsExec.

Basically i let them set to Ready, and i put a very far schedule on them, this makes no more problems anymore...

Attached Files:

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      330.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      327.2 KB
      Views: