to purchase or not to purchase?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sikr, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Sikr

Sikr MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2012
    I was running win7 in a vm for a while and decided this was just to much of a pia. I have installed a student upgrade version of win7 ultimate, but I don't have a license key. Or at least I don't have one for this computer.... I am going to install win7 on two more machines (family laptops). I was looking into purchasing family pack licensing for all three of these computers to run win7. I am not even sure how much this will cost.

I have gone through all of the upgrading of win7 -man this took a long time. My question? Is simply using the win loader or the solution by raz going to provide what I need to run win7 or should I consider the full price. I have seen the home premium family packs, I don't even think they have an ultimate family pack. I really don't need all the language support of ultimate anyway, but I did just buy this student "upgrade" disk at school.

I guess I naively thought that buying the upgrade disk would allow me to intall win7 without activating. Before I try to activate online (which I am sure will fail) or calling (where I am afraid of being blacklisted or something) is there a solution on these forums that will tell me how to activate (make genuine) multiple copies of ultimate? I haven't installed yet on the two laptops, but the desktop is "installed and up to date" -except of course activation.

Thank you!

2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #2 sid_16, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abu2Qa

abu2Qa MDL Junior Member

Oct 14, 2012
    :spoton:
    Ok with that even more in some places we can't find M$ stores and worst we can't buy through internet we don't have credit card like others we just dealing with cash and if I want to buy I must travel to the capital spend more time and money more than it cast which is a month salary.. just like that no student upgrade no multiple copies not any kind of special promotions or discounts on installment sales on three or four months just pay or you'll not learn so..:rolleyes: I love MDL :ball2:
    MDL is free space for free people:hug2:

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Unless you're OK with a complete re-installation of the OS every 30 days, you're going to have to activate it in some manner. Both a key you buy from Microsoft and Daz's loader will do that for you. Both methods will give you a fully functioning Windows 7 installation. Whether you pay for the Microsoft key or use Daz's loader is a personal choice ... do what you're comfortable with.