Too much tinkering too little knowlege

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drofnas, Aug 20, 2009.

1. drofnas

drofnas MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Hi all, hope someone can help me. I have a NEC Versa notebook P9110 about 18 months old with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. In my rash wisdom I decided to install Windows 7 release candidate included in a PC magazine DVD. All went well and Windows 7 looks good. I decided to reinstall the Vista OS which is on the hidden recovery partition.....but shock and horror the NEC recovery tools are no longer shown as an option when you press F8 on startup. I checked the hidden partition and the recovery files are still there. Does anyone know if it is possible to reinstall Vista or will I need to try and get a recovery DVD from NEC? I would be very appreciative of any helpful information. Thanks :)

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    You can probably put your Windows 7 disc back in, and put it into recovery mode.
    You didn't get a recovery disc from NEC in the first place?

3. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I'm not a big fan of recovery partitions. Since you already had success installing Win7 from DVD, why not find a Vista DVD and reinstall from that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...