Too much used space after Bleachbit wipe

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mlke9876, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, I'm posting this here because I can't create a user on Bleachbit's forum. I recently used Bleachbit to clean up my C:/ drive. After running Wipe Free Space, I canceled it because it was taking too long. Then my PC shows 300GB free instead of 150GB used. I opened Bleachbit and found Temporary files of around 300GB. I deleted that and now it's down to 250GB used. I need to get it back down. I tried searching for big files using CCleaner, but the largest it found was 26GB and was my Server 2016 VM. So how do I clean the rest of the Hard Drive so I can get it back to 150GB used? I'll keep trying to create an account on Bleachbit's forum. Please reply. Thanks

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, thanks for your replies. I tried your links but found no big items. I'm guessing the Hard Drive space is fine and I must have added things on since the last time I checked. I installed Steam and Blizzard Apps so maybe that's the problem. I tried restoring using my first Ashampoo backup (Aug 10 - 150GB) but I can't restore my C:/ while I am Using C:/. I made a rescue disk like it said but I can't authorize it with OneDrive because of no Internet in BIOS or whatever it's called booting to it. So I deleted my Backup plan and Data and started a new one (250GB) I'll report back when it's finished and if it works once a week. Thanks for the help. I'll message back later.