[TOOL] EzWindSLIC: Easily activate Windows 7/Vista/Server 2008-2022 on UEFI-GPT

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Deleted member 1435102, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Should I use powershell in this script to add more features? Vista will no longer be supported.

Poll closed May 7, 2021.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    It's a fully updated win7 with all the nasty updates blocking modern hardware removed, with around 6 years of modifications to the OS / C: drive that just aren't an option to lose. Lots of registry & DLL modifications, to keep it brief. An upgrade install would be fine though, I'm pretty sure one can reinstall win7 ult via the "upgrade" option even if they already have it, same as the other versions.

2. The MGAdiag report says that all files are OK, so an upgrade installation would probably not help.

3. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    #63 ShanzW7User, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Unfortunately, type 3 memory did not work either. I'm out of options on DAZ's loader again (suppose there's still ignore existing though). Every time I patch with it, it gives me the all clear, I reboot and then windows' status is still not activated. I did hear something about an update that makes activation a bit whack? Might be that? I've used the loader on tons of other machines, the irony being my own workstation being the first it doesn't work on, haha. I'll have to pick this up later tomorrow given how late it is here. I appreciate the help.
    In the event it can't be activated, you wouldn't happen to know where to acquire working legitimate W7 Ult 64bit keys would you?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @ShanzW7User

Can you please post the screenshot of the Disk Management window as well as the output of "bcdedit"?

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    That's not what we recommend here at MDL forums.

@ShanzW7User is using a Gigabyte motherboard, so a SLIC modded BIOS easily resolve the issue. But first we need to find the root cause of the anomalies he's having and eliminate it.

6. I was being sarcastic ;)

7. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    I'm mid process of an upgrade to a B450 tomahawke mobo. I do recall hearing that gigabyte is a little iffy with loaders from the time I spent researching this issue, and the mobo I have right now has been faulty since day 1 with a plethora of issues. I need to clone some drives so my original intention was to simply activate it on this and clone it over like I generally do, but do you think the MSI B450 board might be easier to activate on?

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Only drives bigger than 2TB require GPT.

9. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    Aware, but planning to upgrade soon anyway to a much, much larger drive with 2TB designated to win7's boot partition. Anyway, should I convert the MBR drive to GPT and try the tool again now that I'm in UEFI only booting anyway? Think that might fix the issue? That's the last idea I currently have for myself to try.

10. Unfortunately, it is not easy to convert the boot drive from MBR to GPT and switch from legacy booting to proper UEFI booting, most likely you will need to re-install.

11. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    AOMEI Partition Assistant is a hell of a tool, can convert between the two seamlessly without data-loss. I use the thing a lot at work and at home for any advanced partitioning, formatting & drive cloning tasks.

12. Yes, it works on regular disks, but I am not sure if it will work on your current boot disk.

13. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    Much as I'd like to dive headfirst into it, I should probably clone it before something goes horribly wrong. I'm not very worried about the drive on a hardware level, they're actually all being replaced soon with WD gold's. I was hoping to solve the OS issues *before* cloning drives and switching hardware but it might be more beneficial to do that first and deal with windows after.

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @ShanzW7User

I'm not sure why the Disk 1/"HDD-4" is marked as active. Moreover, it looks like the Windows 10 installation was done using UEFI mode, while the Windows 7 one is definitely a legacy instance. It's safe to assume that the loader is getting consused.

Even if you want to fiddle with MBR-GPT conversion, I would suggest you to opt for a BIOS mod to avoid the mess altogether. What's the exact model of the current motherboard?

Yes, it can be used to convert a boot disk as well from a PE environment.

15. ShanzW7User

ShanzW7User MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2021
    Better idea yeah. The board is a gigabyte 970A-UD3P, bios may or may not be updated, don't remember.

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009