[TOOL] XP2ESD - Create modern Windows XP installer v1.6.2

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by George King, Jan 8, 2021.

1. g-force

g-force MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2016
    @Aragorn You got to tell us (or show with a screenshot) which addons/updatepacks you are using and in which folder you placed them.

2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Also LOGS from LOGS folder

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UsefulAGKHelper

UsefulAGKHelper MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2021
    #1887 UsefulAGKHelper, Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    I forgot to say this but weeks ago I found out that XP from XP2ESD crashes and restarts just after some seconds on winload 16497 on uefi class 3 modern hardware (if boot crash is enabled) because if BSOD appears it will restart immediately once we enable boot crash from settings..
    Since the crash happened so early in the boot, I guess that one or more of these first files to boot (hal.dll, kdcom.dll, acpi.sys etc) caused this problem, maybe check these files out when you are home.
    When you boot from safe mode, you can see what files Windows loaded first so try to record it with a video camera or phone during boot so you can see the loaded files during the footage.
    On safe mode, it will load all files (to the point of crcdisk.sys and the .dat file) but once it attempts to boot to windows, it crashes and restarts immediately (if boot crash is enabled), while on normal boot mode it crashes after a few seconds if boot crash is enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Senior Member

Apr 20, 2021
  5. Chuterix

Chuterix MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2022
  6. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    I've even integrated a MassStorage and USB driverpack and nothing.... combining Windows 7 + Windows 8.1 or 10... even using WINXISO the last attempt I'll make is to use Windows 8.1 + Windows 10 whatever happens...

7. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    I managed to solve the problem... it worked after compiling Windows 8.1 x86 + Windows 10 21h2 x86...

PD:
    I don't know what the problems are with the boot of windows 7, maybe it lacks drivers since with the boot of windows 8.1 it worked without problems

8. Chuterix

Chuterix MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2022
    hmm…
    as i said, supposedly weird ramdisk glitch? idk
    @George King is it/can it be intended for the xp2esd builder to simply use a windows 8/10 x86 iso as both winpe and setup engine? (no windows 7 setup)

unrelated, but my older tests of powis and xp2esd using the t430 that failed was back then when a supervisor PW was set, (as said in #1879) and since then the CMOS has been reset and supervisor PW removed. I am currently testing with the t430 again by cheating and using @nlgxzef’s iso and it got past the setup is starting screen with no errors. xp setup got by successfully (and wifi works!), even though i could’ve used new xp2esd program, but once again i’m too lazy :p
    so maybe this weekend i’ll will try the new xp2esd (or maybe when v1.6.3 releases) and probably powis and see results
    (why does this paragraph sound so blah-blah and yada-yada?)

9. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
  10. UsefulAGKHelper

UsefulAGKHelper MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2021
    #1895 UsefulAGKHelper, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Maybe we should find out how NT 5.2 Windows makes the signatures that work.

11. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Let me know when you find out how to successfully sign file for Server 2003

12. g-force

g-force MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2016
    I put "Firefox.exe" (FF 52.9.0 ESR) and "Firefox.txt" (with line "-ms -ma") in folder "setup", but Firefox isn`t installed. Did i miss something in "config.ini"?

13. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    It must be Firefox-all.exe or Firefox-x86.exe or Firefox-x64.exe + Firefox.txt

14. g-force

g-force MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2016
    Okay, it`s working, thank you! Maybe i misunderstood the "readme" in setup folder.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010