Toshiba Laptop Leading Inovation Screen Is Displaying Very Poorly.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by PTL3712, Jan 8, 2015.

1. PTL3712

PTL3712 MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2015
    Hello, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L875D-S7332 Operating System Windows 8 x64.When i turn on the PC the screen that displays the words TOSHIBA LEADING INNOVATION shows very poorly! Many horizontal lines with different colors appear This takes a few seconds until this display finally becomes normal again
    When it displays as it should, then i am able to logon from the logon screen. I would greatly appreciate it if i could get some advice as to how to correct this problem! Thank You, heaven5733. Today when I started my laptop the problem is getting worse! Please help me before my PC Breaks!

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Your lappy needs technical service at a computer shop or authorized repair center.
    It's a hardware failure, nothing you can fix by yourself.

3. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    #3 Meat[On]A[Stick], Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    My rough guess is the inverter circuit used to power the screens backlight is having a problem powering on. Hope it's under warranty. As Mr.X, stated, a hardware failure. And even though the hard drive probably isn't in any jeopardy, backup your data while you can.

I can't post links, but there is a video on YouTube showing how to replace the LED screen. Replacement screen is $97. Doesn't look too hard if you already have experience with small parts and gutting your laptop.