Toshiba Laptop Satellite L50t-A using a ViewSonic VX2770 Monitor

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by vze2mp9g, Jun 2, 2017.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hello,
    I've been trying to using a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L50t-A with a ViewSonic VX2770Smh-LED LCD Display monitor, with very little luck. The Toshiba laptop has the Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics display chip. I installed the ViewSonic VX2770Smh-LED LCD software. I tried the following resolutions:

1920 x 1080

1366 x 768

1280 x 720 This is the resolution you see in the two pictures below. All I would like to do is us the ViewSonic as my main (only display) at a resolution so I don't have the top, bottom and sides cut off as seen on the ViewSonic LED LCD display. I really don't care if the laptop screen is a little messed up because I dislike using the display. It's making me go blind. Like I mentioned above, I rather use the ViewSonic LED LCD with the Toshiba Laptop.
    Thank You in advance

IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0944.JPG .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #2 Hadron-Curious, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Have you tried the ViewSonic LED/LCD Vertical -Horizontal control buttons to position the image properly? I would suggest you check the external display Settings.

3. vze2mp9g

Oct 13, 2012
    No I haven't because I last use the ViewSonic LED/LCD monitor on a desktop computer two years ago, and I just figured that it would work with the Toshiba laptop.

I'll see tomorrow and play around with the Vertical and Horizontal buttons tomorrow. I;ll be replying after I did some playing around. I have nothing to loose.

Thank you very much for giving me more options I can use.
    Thanks ! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vze2mp9g

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi again!

I was messing around with the 1 and 2 keys and somehow by playing around, I noticed that Windows 10 Desktop was fully view-able. Thank you again for your suggestion, and thanks to God for letting Hadron-Curious read my message and give me the suggestion to mess around.
    Thanks
    :worthy::buddyjesus:

5. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2015
    hit the auto matic adjust setting in the monitor it should fix it.

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Windows 10 does support separate display settings for each monitor, go to Settings/ Display and set the resolution for monitor #1 and Monitor #2 from there