Toshiba Satellite M305-S4848

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by colby587, Mar 11, 2012.

1. colby587

colby587 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2012
    So long story short, I have a m305-s4848 laptop with a bad bios which wont even go into recovery mode (fn+b etc). I have the mobo out and plan to desolder the chip and write a new bios to it. I downloaded the bios update utility (message me for a link) which gives me a few files and the .wph file I need. The .wph file is slightly bigger than the chip, so I did some research and found that it contains the bios.rom and the platform data. I have also searched around and found some people saying that you can just cut off the end to get the bios.rom file. So does anyone know if I can just cut off the end to make a 2MB file and write it directly to the chip?

2. ProfessorChaos

ProfessorChaos MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    I'm in the same boat with this model. Have you tried it yet? I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know which chip is the BIOS. I tried looking for a circuit diagram to help me out, but have had no luck. I've done some small soldering work on boards in the past, so I think I'm up to the task. Honestly, I've had this thing just sitting for over a year, so I'm not too concerned if I jack it up. I'll wait to see if I get any responses on this, but if not I'll post an update if I go through with it.