Tried to request BIOS Mod but RWEverything gives BSOD before I can view details

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by coast123, Feb 8, 2014.

1. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    I have been trying to request a bios mod for a couple of weeks and looked at Yen's instructions on how to "properly request a bios mod" I downloaded the required things from that thread to request a mod in hopes that I will be able to get a mod. Everytime I open RWEverything it gives the BSOD(Blue Screen of Death) I am running Windows 8(RTM Build 9200) (Not 8.1) on a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5302, AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics and AMD Vision Processor. (Genuine Copy of Windows 8, from MSDN with legit product key directly from MSDN) I am thinking about downgrading to Windows 7 to see if that allows me to run RWEverything. I have looked at all threads here and at other forums to see if the developer had made a fix or made it compatible with Windows 8.

So far no luck, any one who can guide me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Also, I don't know what section I should put this under so if it is not under the right section could a mod move it and deep apologies for not knowing the right sections.

2. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #2 tonto11, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    First make sure your download of RWEverything is not corrupt. Do it again from another source.

Second get something like Hiren's boot cd and load XP, run RWE under that.

Personally I would avoid modding the bios ...like the plague ...the mod would have to do something I really could not live without.

...T

3. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    #3 coast123, Feb 9, 2014
    (OP)
    I would need the mod for Virtualization purposes, as I am a developer and would like to be able to have the feature since my processor does have support it just is blocked by the company Toshiba. Thanks for helping, btw How do I "Load XP" from this Boot CD, the only thing is that I have a USB Bootable version, not cd, and where would the option to boot into XP from this disc image, it looks like it has a lot of features. The reason virtualization is so important is because I have had to modify software, my vmware with "hardware virtualization bypasser, it was loading a bunch of malware, and I can't even run virtualbox without it stating virutalization is required, I did some tests to see whether HAV,AMD-V,Intel-V is supported it is supported but won't run because it is disabled in the bios, at least that what it says, going into the bios reveals nothing about AMD-V. This is very frustrating:mad:

4. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #4 nexus76, Feb 9, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    I downgraded to Windows 7 and when I click ACPI Tables it hangs, I have tried every fix here on MDL but it does not work, when I click it starts then hangs for a long time and I then have to shut off my computer by holding the power button. I have tried everything like compatibility mode and trying it on a pe disk and usb and cd plus dvds it does not work please help. I am almost ready to give up on this bios modding which I need very much, this is frustrating.:mad:

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    RW report is (optionally) needed for SLIC modding which isn't your objective.