trouble viewing bios and some games

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by jadzian, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jadzian

jadzian MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    #1 jadzian, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    ok first off i have updated all software on my win xp home system to try and solve this issue and no go. i tryed to switch video cards no luck there. the problem is i can't view the bios properly. it's giving me a jumbled screen to look at that i can still move around in the bios. and no i didn't update my bios. i am also having the same viewing issue with some games i play.. like WoW, modern warfare 1 and red alert 3 plays great but modern warfare 2 is jumbled up the same as the bios. any clue? i need help with this prob or i am going to throw this comp under a moving bus please and thank you

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Have you actually tried another monitor yet.

3. spiderman_pink

spiderman_pink MDL Member

Jul 1, 2009
    you probably should :p

try sebus's suggestion first. just wondering, when you switched video cards, no luck there means the same problem occurs? would be helpful if you provided more details like your system specs

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Monitor, memory, and post more specific info to the system........

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    We have one monitor at home that behaves somewhat like this.... it's a two year old Toshiba 21" combo HD TV with QAM tuner and DVD player w/VGA input for computer.

As a matter of fact- to play one particular game that defaults to full screen on start-up, we have start the game, log into that computer from another one in the house using VNC then reduce the game to windowed mode, then go back to that computer to play the game. I thought it was a computer problem at first too- I switched video cards, updated drivers, updated Windows, etc... all without results until I simply swapped out monitors and all was golden again.