Trouble with unsigned drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by adrian2055, Aug 8, 2021.

1. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I have a n HP laptop with 2 video cards. I got the driver for the AMD card, but the intel driver is not available. I found a driver on win-raid.com that I have been trying to install, but I can't get past the digital signature message. Is there a way to fully disable this and install this driver so It will work?

2. feefre

feefre MDL Member

May 11, 2020
    I wouldn't trust an unsigned driver, have u tried already to get the drivers trough windows update?
    edit: have you also tried programs like driver booster and such?

If you really want to install that unsigned one, which its still a bad idea, you can disable the driver signature requirement temporally:

Open Settings - update and recovery - recovery - the 3rd option

let the pc restart

In the WinRE:

Troubleshooting - advanced options - startup settings

press restart, the pc will restart again.

after the menu loads, press F7 (Disable driver signature enforcement)

3. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I have tried 3rd party programs like driver easy, driver talent and the massive 22GB sdi-drivers and it won't install their drivers either. Windows updates installs 151 updates and then gives me the "unsupported hardware" message telling me this graphics card is made for the latest version of windows **eyeroll**. I will try to disable driver signature enforcement and see if I can get the other drivers to install first. I really don't want the science experiment driver. I was desperate to get away from windows 10/11.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @adrian2055

What's the exact model number of the target HP laptop?

5. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    HP Pavilion 17-bs153cl

6. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    indeed, only supported officially on windows 10 / 11 (dch drivers)
    how come you have windows 8 installed on it? it's prone to power management issues due to compatibility drivers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I installed it out of desperation. Using Windows 10 has been a very demonic experience for me since it was released. I have a long list of problems, but here's a few:

My personal settings are reverted back to windows default settings every time I turn off my computer
    Sleep mode re-enables itself which means the computer doesn't want to boot into windows again
    Windows Defender blocks a lot of my paid programs from installing including NOD32 Antivirus
    Windows 10 deletes my pictures, music and movies from my external drives (MAJOR ISSUE!)
    Issues playing CDs, Blu-ray discs or DVDs
    the constant updates that ruin my video and sound drivers (I like to control my updates)
    It fully crashes at several times a week forcing me to reinstall everything each time this happens (No OS Installed message)

This stuff has happened to me with any computer that I've owned that has windows 10 on it (even with the factory restore usb). I tried Windows 11, but it still does the crazy updates (Now through the Microsoft store which is even worse) and the GUI is garbage. Windows 11 is not complete so problems are expected.

8. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    what kind of win10 are u running ? never had any issue u mentioned above.
    however i will recommend to give ltsc/LTSB a try
    disable defender from registry and with this edition u won't have troubles with constant updates since u only be getting security updates.

9. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I only download windows 10 from Microsoft's website. No crazy patched/stripped versions. I have a windows 10 pro license so I usually use the pro version,

I totally forgot about the LTSB/C versions. I will try these versions soon and see if that solves it.

10. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Looks like it's like a warehouse or some kind of storage.
    I have never before seen or heard anything like this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Neither have I. I couldn't imagine having almost 100 GB of drivers on my external drive.