Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Demencial777, May 20, 2018.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    @Demencial777
    I would like you to uninstall the previous driver completely at the Device Manager first. I think you didn't do that properly. To do that is as follows:

1. At the Device Manager right-click on the TMP device and select uninstall . Don't forget to select or check the little box beside 'Delete the driver software for this device' and click 'OK'. to continue.

2. After that, try to download TMP 1.2 online and use the Device Manager to install it.

I hope that helps.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #22 MS_User, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    pretty new u shouldnt be having that issue.

3. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Uninstalled the TPM device, no checkbox was available because it's a Microsoft driver (I feel that's the reason) but, went to install legacy hardware and tried to install the TPM 1.2, Windows was unable to install it because there wasn't any device associated with it... At the end, I just ended up disabling that, I don't think I will ever need it. I'm suspecting the newest BIOS had some type of upgraded code that made available TPM for this system... trying to make memory, I don't remember having anything else besides PSP 2.0 driver... And this thing doesn't even have a fingerprint device that could use TPM.

Yeah... probably the new BIOS messed up some defaults... as I said above I just disabled it and continue working XD

Thanks a bunch for your assistance, guys, if I ever run into a problem with this again, because I install a newer BIOS or something, I'll bother you again.

Cya! :D

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    If it's any matter, I've only ever seen TPM used on off the shelf pc's. I've built a few in my day and seen a few other builds. When you buy a just a board from Newegg or whoever for a custom build, there is no TPM chip with the board. Those boards have ports to install the TPM chip, but I've never seen a TPM chip available from any motherboard manufacture. If they have those chips, they do not make it very obvious on the web/support pages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #25 Hadron-Curious, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    You have a point there. Perhaps, the chip/module could be missing from the mobo altogether.

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    if he didnt have chip install it wouldnt be showing in hes device manager asking him for the drivers. i still think hes problem is driver related.

8. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017