trying to bring Lenovo Miix 630 back to life

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Titoot, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Titoot

Titoot MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2021
    long story short, the device is bricked
    if you don't know its an arm laptop with snapdragon 835. yeah
    and it had windows 10 S installed on it before

tried windows 10 arm64 versions but nothing worked, most just hangs up on loading when gets stuck and gives me BSOD with WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT or WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

also tried to install ubuntu though this (github.com/aarch64-laptops/build), it worked but it was heavy af, and the trackpad, keyboard didn't work (missing drivers I guess) even that this project is missing things like WIFI so yeah

so is there's way to make it work again?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I would recommend doing a full factory reset and then upgrading if possible.
    This blue screen is most likely caused by incorrect drivers. And you might have a hard to find them yourself.
    However, since it is a mobile platform, it can be difficult to install something else there.
    But of course you can try anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Titoot

Titoot MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2021
    i don't think this is even possible, i'm just stuck at a boot menu with few options i.imgur.com/miZimKy.png (there's only a corrupt OS installed)

and that's the BIOS btw
    i.imgur.com/mM58gXp.png

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...