trying to id my bios ???

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by throbber, Jan 20, 2011.

1. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    iv just got a philips freevents xp59p laptop. it seems that it a rebranded Twinhead with a philips sticker on it...lol. everest shows the mobo as a Twinhead H12YV...but on this site the bios download options are H12Y or H12V ??.any ideas be cause i would like to request a bios mod...my current bios is R1.00

http://www.twinhead.com.tw/taiwan/download.aspx

2. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #2 OvaryActing, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You will need to find the revision type

There is only one revision type for H12V, and that is revison 1.02
    There are Two BIOS for H12Y (H12YT BIOS R1.04 Version and H12YT BIOS R1.08 Version)

To find your revision number, look on your motherboard>motherboard window in everest, or take the side panel off of your computer and look for a revision number somewhere on the motherboard.

Also, EverestUltimate is a retired/expired product. Change up to the new software, AIDA64.
    Code:
    http://www.aida64.com/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Becareful that you double check this, as the motherboard maybe a Twinhead but i expect the bios has been provided by phillips, most prob just to include the phillips logo on startup. Have youlooked at the phillips support site regarding this?.

4. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Good point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    thx guys ill have a look and report back......iv looks for links to the philips but couldt find anything.
    and its a laptop so i hope i dont have to stipe it down to find no sticker on it :eek:

6. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    #6 throbber, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    theres no revison numbers shown in everest/aida64..in another useful program i used
    Code:
    http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
    it came up with revision 3 for the north/south bridge ?? not sure if thats connected.
    i then took off the bottom of the lappy.three stickers at different places each starting with h12yt or h12y. not sure if this is any help as I'm lost with this:(
    would have liked a bios mod Rather that a loader.

7. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    you could try and run a driver updater program, it may just find the bios update for you, look through the foum, i did see a post the other day about driver update software

8. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    thxs for your help guys but i think I'm going to give up on this one....ill have to tell my g.friend to stop buying things on impulse from ebay......but do they listen:rolleyes: