Trying to install win11 but it freezes in windows logo setup

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by WindowsGeek, Mar 10, 2023.

1. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Guys i have a dell precision and im trying to install win11 but freezes on the win logo during the initial setup, i try a bios reset same problem i switch the USB thumb drive same issue i even try installing it via optic drive same problem, i run the computer diagnostic program and everything pass , CPU, Ram , HD, Memory, MOBO, PSU, GPU, USB ports all pass , im out of ideas has anyone ever experience this problem with a dell.

The funny thing if i install a HD with windows 11 already install it boots up with no issues and runs perfectly.

can use help out of ideas....thanx in advance

upload_2023-3-10_9-10-26.jpeg

2. Im not good at windows or image deployment, im just a regular user...

What iso did u use? Where did u download it from? Maybe it is the boot.wim.
    Did u succesfully make it bootable iso?

3. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    yes the image is from UUP Dump 22621 then using rufus to make a bootable USB

4. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    use ventoy more stable

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Howdy and lets try to sort this out...
    Have you cleaned secureboot keys in the bios? Clean it, save, reboot, get in the bios again, reinstall the keys.
    Check all other options in the bios, I know for good some manufacturers add some options in the bios that prevent installs due secureboot. Sometimes you have to go thru pages in the bios, they're not in the same place.
    Oh, and sometimes, all you have to do is leave the install in the logo... sometimes up to 30 minutes... It used to happen on some msi desknotes using Windows 10.
    Have fun!

6. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    i done a hard bios reset and when the installation freezes if i leave it alone the computer shuts off after a few minutes, i try everything UEFI and legacy mode same outcome it freezes on the install logo, even doe the HW test pass i think the mobo could have some kind problem

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    dell is tricky machine i would try to update the bios first if you can and try the install win11 again....also go into dell forums and post the issue and see if you can get help to resolved the problem....you posted the diagnostic for the HW check out....try also swap out the sata cables and during install remove all peripherals just keyboard and mouse.

8. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    My friend came over and swap out the memory module that was the problem my 16GB module is bad and is weird that it pass in the dell diagnostic tool very strange, well let me check out ebay and see can find one for a decent price i think im going to bump up to 32GB;)