Tutorial: How to Install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion on VMWare Workstation

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by trungpt, Jan 9, 2013.

1. brtrj

brtrj MDL Novice

May 5, 2013
    Hey
    Mine is a pc and i have workstation installed.I got the darwin.iso installed. But still am not able to make my virtual machine work.

could you guide me.

cheers

2. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    At which step in the tutorial, you cannot make it work?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trlkly

trlkly MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    No, you don't have to use virtualization to run Mac OS X on a PC. Google the term Hackintosh. It's a lot more involved than this tutorial, but it is doable if Mac OS X supports your hardware.

4. jasoos

jasoos MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2012
    can you please post screenshots

5. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I used with success OS X from 10.7 to 10.9 on Vmware workstation 9.With Lion I tried a hackintosh distro from Niresh12495 but for ML and Mavericks I tested directly from genuine .dmg Mountain Lion and I used upgrade for Mavericks DP 1...etc.All goes fine except some issues with Intel 3000 HD (installed vmware tools from Zackehsoul (if I remember the correct name) to have native resolution.What I saw:Safari does not works(some buggs,I installed Chrome;works like a charm),and the mision launcher works with huge delay.:eek:

6. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Sorry, that's all I have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    This is PERFECT!!!! i never thought id see the day id get to use OS X in a VM :'D im sucessfully using Lion 10.7 in VMWare 10 and it installed fine

Just 3 problems though:

1) it cant use shared folders from host, why is that?

2) it cant connect to the internet even though VMWare is set to use NAT, am i doing something wrong here?

3) resizing the VM's window doesnt always make the guest resize to the size of the window, plus al apps inside the VM move pretty slow >.< is there a way to fix this?

8. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    You need to install successfully VMware Tools from darwin.iso to fix these problems :D

9. smttvn

smttvn MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2013
    can you help me the link download MAC OS x 10.7 ??

10. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    You can search from you favorite wazez forums or torrent sites. I cannot provide it here.

11. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Why not 10.9? You have to have some OS X running to be able to download from the Store. Then you can download 10.9 for free.

12. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Converting the installer of MacOS X 10.9 downloaded from MAS to iso is a little bit more complex. I haven't tested it yet.

We also need VMWare 10 and the newest version of VMware Unlocker, v1.2.0.

More info can be found at insanelymac[dot]com :D