[TUTORIAL] Install Intel Drivers and enable OpenGL Support in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by prayaas1998, Mar 7, 2012.

1. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
  2. trlkly

trlkly MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    I did not, but, seeing as they come from Intel's website, and they are the exact same crippled drivers I got while searching Intel's website, I am certain they will not work. But, just for completeness' sake, I went ahead and tried them.

As suspected, they don't work. You need version 15.16.5.64.2021 (filename WinVista7_64_15173.exe). That version is not available on that page. (It may have been in the past, but it is no longer.) I did get the date wrong in my previous posts, however, as it is 5 April 2010 (aka 4/5/2010 on Intel's website).

If anyone wants, I can make a tutorial on how to install the actual latest version. I personally prefer it, and it's not that hard to do. But I don't want to do it before I have link privileges.

Like I said, it involves hacking the .INF file so the driver will support Windows 8, and then disabling the signed driver check so you can install it. I just figure even that is more than the average Minecrafter wants to have to do. They just want the quickest way to be able to play their favorite game.

3. mnsiw

mnsiw MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    Thanks Trlkly, your post solved my OpenGL of Intel G41 on Windows 8.1 x64 :) I was searching for the solution for last 2-3 days.