Tutorial: Localize Your Windows 8.1 RTM ISO/Distribution

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sevenacids, Aug 31, 2013.

1. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    By WDI 3.5 also manages to integrate and you integrates a LP in a aio iso no problem,i integrate LP pt-br in the AIO Murphy 78 in windows 8.1,works very well for me.:biggrin:

2. OskarTDI

OskarTDI MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Hello,
    I'm stuck at the last point where you can create the ISO is yes. Undzwar I have the Windows ADK 8.1 Preview installed only when I enter the last line of the command (with admin rights) File not found with my CMD.

Request for Help

3. stemic28

stemic28 MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    you must create with ADK as Admin it's not working with cmd

4. OskarTDI

OskarTDI MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    ohhh yes thanks

5. stemic28

stemic28 MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    It works very well but Metro Apps not Translate.

6. OskarTDI

OskarTDI MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    is it normal that nothing is in the folders with de-de? think there is still en-us folder

7. kowalmisiek

kowalmisiek MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2009
    how to activate the installer in Polish? Currently, the installer is in English and you can choose Polish. I like a pretty clear their choice of language? I want him to be only Polish.

8. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #28 Atari800XL, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    "My friend" asks if this also applies to Enterprise versions and if not, why? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, tested the nl language pack on Enterprise and it works. I must have confused it with W7 pro or something (don't remember, something with a W7Pro VM KMS server I made last year back before KMS emulators, could only find a US W7Pro then, that could only use a Dutch LP with some kind of trick).
    So this one works on Enterprise, thanks. I only put it in the install.wim, as I use JFX's WinNTSetup and Win8PESE for the boot and setup part anyways...
    So my 8.1 install.wim is looking pretty good now after removal of appx, adding NetFX3 and adding Dutch LP!
    THANKS!!

9. Riemen

Riemen MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    I did replace all en-US Languages by de-DE in Windows, WinRE and setup as described in the technet article.
    My problem is: The created ISO is to big to fit on a DVD5. How can I decrease the size of the ISO? Is there any option for a stronger compression of the .wim files or something similar?

10. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #30 sevenacids, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    (OP)
    I wouldn't go through all the trouble and localize the boot.wim that way - I mean, you will only only see this when you install Windows and IMO it's not worth the effort to localize setup. I would rather recommend (and include it in an updated version of the tutorial) to localize the recovery image that gets installed with Windows (located in install.wim, Windows\System32\recovery\winre.wim, Index 1), mount that after mounting the install.wim, it's basically the same procedure as for the boot.wim that murphy78 described.

I don't want this thing to get too complex, because then I could link to the TechNet article right away. I simply want to provide something for people who just want to localize their Windows installation with the language of their choice as long as localized ISOs aren't available.

Don't know when I can update it, today, tomorrow, much other stuff around here to do, but I'm on it. I'm upping some of the WinPE OCs (langpacks) for both x86 and x64 to MEGA while I'm writing this so people don't have to go and download the whole 2+GB ADK ISO to get the 8/11 MB they need. Will provide the links when I finished.

Edit: See #2 post for links ;)

11. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    exist some difference between process to integrating LP using the WDI and the method posted ?in other words...the result is same?:confused:

12. And1.G

And1.G MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2007
    For anyone who has integrated a language pack and now wonders why .NET 3 won't install, this guide might help:
    hxxp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/47482-problem-installing-NET-3-5-on-win8-1-pro/page7?p=798214&viewfull=1#post798214
    It seems that you have to install .NET before installing the language pack...

13. perbe

perbe MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2007
    Thank you for this guide!

14. werter

werter MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2008
    After integration very well... But a few Metro Apps Language still original..