[Tutorial] My experience with cleaning matte finished monitors.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Muerto, Jan 7, 2016.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    So, keep replies On Topic, in you case : ""[Tutorial] My experience with cleaning matte finished monitors."", means that ant information beside of direct relation to your OP isn't welcome?

If that isn't, please lighten me up WHERE I replied Off Topic! Thanks.

Maybe I'm too stupid with 68 years of age to understand that ALL information, to help others, in this case cleaning up a Computer Monitor's Screen Areas, would maybe be helpful to them as well, which simply is the goal of a Forum like MDL!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    very hot water and a cotton tip swab or short blast of steam and cotton tip swab. Repeated as needed, should work.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I got removed those dots with Screen99 from Kontakt Chemie. Warm water wasn't work at all and really hot water I didn't used because of the 1. layer which is a matte (Anti Glare)film that monitor came with from Acer and couldn't be removed.

And just to mention, that film isn't clear, quite dark already!

Sodium Silicate is really hard to remove, and impossible to remove on some background it is attached too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #24 Muerto, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    (OP)