Tutorial: OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by EclipseSin, Jul 29, 2009.

1. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #21 EclipseSin, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    (OP)
    If it has the key already inside of it. Otherwise you will have to type the Product Key in every time. If that don't bother you I guess you can just do the cert. I haven't downloaded any of the OEM DVDs. I just figured out how to sort of make one.

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I do not know either. I imagine what it is doing is emulating the key being entered. So it probably is working the same way as if windows was loaded. Meaning Registry and anywhere else. This is the only thing I can think of since you have to mount the wimfile. And being that the wim file is mounted, and it is only the standard Windows files, I donot believe it is placing it anywhere special. I will however, try to find out. If I find anything, I will post back here.

3. hceeler

hceeler MDL Member

Aug 21, 2008
    in vista we used to make a file nammed PID.TXT and in it we add the corisponding key to the version we wanted ...
    + adding the $OEM$ folder in the correct structure with the correct cert file inside , and with a modded bios it did the trick ,
    we only used the waik method with OEM roaylty dvds i.e. HP Origianl OEM DVD , with that you need to edit the wim file to corespond to your serial and slic ...

wat im trying here that the oem dvd leaked is dell and my bios mod is dell so , what if i tried the old method ,

ill try and give you feed back

4. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    If you read the thread, you'd know this does not work, so if you feel like wasting time, Go for it.

5. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    #27 drably, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #28 EclipseSin, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    (OP)
    Well, you are correct about dism being in the servicing folder lol. That's my mistake.

However, this guide assumes you are using the RTM DVD, not an OEM DVD. It specifies that at the top of the tutorial.

7. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    actualy dism is part of windows it self as well (at least i have it in system32&syswow64). You dont need WAIK/OPK at all (altho i still have it).

8. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Windows 7 WAIK (or DISM and required components)

9. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008

Just do let us know how you are planning to mount the install.wim file without WAIK or OPK

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
  11. MaTrIx2k2

MaTrIx2k2 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    #33 MaTrIx2k2, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  12. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    nice guide, thanks for sharing it with us!!

13. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
  14. timebandit

timebandit MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    well is there a way to integrate hazar's program to be runned after instalation ?
    Like after u set ur user and password, desktop comes up and the hazar's is runned, pc reboots and all is done and activated?

15. hceeler

hceeler MDL Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Wallywonka 1st make your bios is modded correctly ( if its modded ) these methods will only work with bios modded with slic 2.1 ...

if thats done what i did is exactly what Ripee instructed only onde defrence , i used the key provided here instead of the one on the script . thats the only deference

1- the file created has to be named correctly and make sure its *.xml not *.txt and the name is ( autounattend.xml )
    2- XML file should be on the root of the ISo < meaning not in any folder but out side ( not on source
    3- this s not mentioned in details in Ripee answer but you have to download one of the $OEM$ folders from here depending on your modded bios ( HP, Dell...) and extract the folder with that name to a folder inside the Win iso named "sources"

if you done these 3 steps correctly and it worked ,
    actauly i formated again today so i could try a deferent modded bios and used the same method again and still work

i wanted to add all this in details but im little busy for the next few days i hope someone can do it