TV Series I Like and Recommend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katzenfreund, Oct 4, 2016.

Tip anyone? :)

1. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

:D [​IMG]

2. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    #23 JFKI, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #25 ThomasMann, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Fargo.... Maybe not nice, but good...

Several series have just one good series...

True detective is one of those where it is very recommendable to use "binge-viewing", = download all of it, watch it on a rainy day. The script is so well made that it is not possible to "get it" by watching one program a week. Mr Robot, same story. Too many details....
    CSI or all the other garbage, full of clichees only, are very popular with people who hate thinking, True Detective is for the others...

I liked Dexter in the beginning, House seems to me too artficial, I like a touch of reality... no doctor like exists in the real world... ;)

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Too many great ones too even start. One foot in the grave, I liked best. If you enjoy thinking, try QI....

6. un_ground

un_ground MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2016
    Da Vinci's Demons

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Bat.1: I think we all have the potential to be hoarders. :)

I got rid of so much electronic junk that it filled a dumpster.

Including a Data General Nova 2 :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  9. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Though I am a hoarder too, in the case of movies & TV shows as soon as I watch something I delete it.

10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    :g: :Lighten: If You Only hoard Midget Pron You won't need as much hard drive space :Albert:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    What does bat.wife have to say about that ?

12. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

bunch of lowdown bums :D

13. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

#34 BrianCohen, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  14. Koippa

Koippa MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2016
    1.Babylon 5- Sci-fi,Action,Adventure,Drama from 1994 to 1998..For some reason this does not get old to me.
    2.Lexx(tv-series) Sci-Fi,Action,Very black comedy..I consider this some sort of art..Thought you had a bad day?Poor Stanley.H.tweedle had worst.
    3.Breaking Bad-Crime,Thriller,drama..I usually don´t like crime and thriller genre..But this one was really a"Have to see them all"
    4.Soap - Comedy..even this series started at 1977 and i was a child..i found this some years ago and the series went more hilarious all the way.Had lots of laughs.

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    orange, yellow, whatever....

Epicurus said that whatever your vice, keep it in moderation.
    When I was young, we used to say that everything more than 40mg of Lysergic acid diethylamide is wasted....

16. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    But Abraham Lincoln said:
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

17. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    No one said you should have NO vices... just pick intelligent ones, don't become an alcoholic or a junkie (or, a soldier, a lawyer or a politician)

18. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    OK, then what you're saying is to avoid the kind that Churchill refers to with:

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." (Winston Churchill)

Back on topic, I've already got several worthwhile tips. I'll watch the first episode and decide whether to proceed with the others.

For a while, I was watching Castle, which combined cop work with humor, but at some point it became more of a soap opera, so I abandoned it. Pity, it was good at the start, but it seems American series have to include soppy stuff to appeal to the masses. British series are better.

19. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    They are in the business of making money, but remained the same old fools until today.

Almost all the good stuff is made by the "new stations". The one of the old ones most people will recommend is still... old auntie BBC.
    What I noticed a while ago was the good ones usually requiring more attention than the usual network stuff. That is, why people came up with binge watching. After watching something like True Detective, one piece a week... some time later I watched it all in two days, I saw a a lot more, if you know what I mean. Same with MrRobot for example.... Try it...