Two quick questions about using Windows 7 without activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lukified, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Lukified

Lukified MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    #1 Lukified, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    1. Do you get any constant messages or not (before the thirty days run out)? If that is not the case I will be 're-arming' for a while.

2. Can you use Windows Update without problems when not activated?

I'd rather wait for some more evolved versions of loaders. With that trick I can use my install for 120 days, right? Does it remember that countdown when you clean out your pc after those months? (In other words: can you do it endlessly?) :)

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    1. I dont know, the only thing i know is that you get message to activate windows (after 3 days when you installed windows).

2. Yes

3. Lukified

Lukified MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply! I added this after my message by the way. Anyhoo, so will those messages be regular after three days? Does anyone know that?

4. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 Michel, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    Well loaders can be detected by microsoft. In vista some loaders got detected when you updated vista to SP1. Vista loader 2 and 3 didnt get detected after sp1 and sp2 so if you want to use a loader then its your choice.

Bios mods are harder to detect because it use SLIC in the bios (like laptops) also you can use OEM keys from a laptop and install it on your machine. Microsoft cant blacklist those keys because that key is installed on alot of laptops/pc's.

Yesterday i helped a person with his acer aspire 9300 i thought lets check for the key guess what ? that key whas already shared here in the forum, his key whas genuine and came with his laptop.

5. Lukified

Lukified MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Lol, thanks for al lthe info, but I just want to know about my questions. I have a Vista Premium (32) OEM on my laptop by the way. Can I only use that for a Vista Premium (32) on my pc?