UEFI firmware associated with Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NikosGr, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Remove the "boot" folder from your USB Stick root, if it boot's into Setup, voila UEFI and stop annoying everyone with your BS, if it doesn't boot... you are doing something wrong, very wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    post pictures of your bios settings.

3. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #103 NikosGr, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    (OP)
    That would be nice and clear solution to shut some mouths up, which they dont tend to beleive me.

I have a Sony Erriccon, i can take a pic with it of course, but i have no cable, to connect it to lenovo for to post.

Perhaps it can be done by bluetooth but i never tried it so far.

If you tell me how to do it, i will post both bios and boot selection menu screenshots for you.

i also have a Nexus 10 which have both front-back cameras. But how would i still get the pic from there to post it here?
    Its brand new, never got time to learn Android v4.2 yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    What a joke.

5. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    WHY removing Boot folder and usb boots into setup is a fact of an UEFI Boot?

First i need to try the previous mentinoed solution by you, which seems nice, which i commented on that and you didnt commented back.

I didnt try it yet because i had not time trying answerign everybody in 2 different forums at the same time and in detail.

6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Why? Because it contains... BIOS BOOT FILES.

7. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Sony Ericcson ia have but how get the picture from it?

As fro camera, I dont have a camera man!

I also have a Nexus 10 which have both front-back cameras. But how would i still get the pic from there to post it here?
    Its brand new, never got time to learn Android v4.2 yet.

8. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

You gave me 2 methods.

i'll try them by order.

The 2nd one i didnt understood it at all. If you want elaborate.

Iam going to try the 1st.......but i cant......it will make the laptop unusable and i ahve to take time to isntall Win8 again and all settingsn all program from beginning.

okey, ill try removing the "Boot Folder" although i dont understand why if the usb key boots witohut it is considered an UEFI Boot......

9. bolthead

bolthead MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2007
    What are the other options you are offered?

Why? I don't understand why you won't explore another option.

To take a screenshot of your boot menu try this - make sure your USB key is inserted and press F12, if that fails go into your UEFI setup, select drive boot order (or simular) and try F12 there.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As seen in many post's already, he isn't doing what get told! Period!
    Now asking for pictures, he has other excuses! Because seems to be all a lie what he's posting!

How long you guy's would let him play with you? He's just trolling!

11. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #112 NikosGr, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    (OP)
    I have stopped long time ago using DVD Media as a Booting/Installing method.

<F12> presents me to a Boot Selection Menu.
    If i understand you correctly you want the Lenovo take a snapshot on it's own Boot Menu from within it
    and if that fail, also try take a snapshot by still pessing <F12> from the Bios within?

Isn't it like saying use my own Sony Ericcson K750i to take a picture of itself?!?!

@ShenJ: I made a break because my stomach needed food and then tried to remove the "boot folder" from the USB Key and restarted the laptop.

The laptop tried to boot from the USB Key and presented a blue screen saying that PC run into problems and need recovery solutions.

Thats because you asked me to deliberately remove an essential part of the Win8 Setup which was the "Boot Folder".

12. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Wrong assumption by you - again.

I i knew back then when i wiped the partitions out and reinstalled *my partitionin way* that i would encounter so much difficulty reinstalling Win8 in UEFI mode i wouldn't have done it.

Other members use this laptps as well. I can't RE-WIPE it out just to prove a point. And i don't have a 2nd laptop.

13. bolthead

bolthead MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2007
    You should give the DVD a try.

I'm not sure about your machine but most UEFI setups will save a screenshot to a USB drive if you press F12, give it a try.

The Boot folder is not essential for a UEFI install - only the EFI folder.

14. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
  15. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

Define what you mean by UEFI setups, so to know we are talking about the same thing.

If the Boot Loader wasnt essential for an UEFI install then why the BSOD appeared nagging about PC has serious problems?

16. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
  17. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009