UefiSeven: Easily boot Windows 7 on UEFI class 3 devices

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manatails, Aug 3, 2020.

1. FriendlyPP

FriendlyPP MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    Guys, looks like the solution are really exist!
    I found some good news at SMXDIY thread:
    h t t p / w w w . s m x d i y . c o m / t h r e a d - 3 0 8 0 - 1 - 1 . h t m l
    There people explains that they were able to get rid of A5 ACPI related error. I just dont understand how did they do that and how to do it myself. Maybe you can try!

2. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    That's interesting but it seems not everyone gets A5 ACPI related error while installing win7. For some of them, they get stuck at second boot after the installation finished, for others, they get freezes....

3. Poppoporrorororo

Poppoporrorororo MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2020
    But where can I download that modified ACPI.sys?

4. FriendlyPP

FriendlyPP MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    No, thats exactly fixes it! For those who managed it to go till second boot probably installed Win7 by Windows 10 installer. If you patch your install image by FlashBoot program mentioned in relative thread, you will see that this moment, when booting freezes at "Starting Windows" is not just a hang but a blue screen with error none other than 0x000000A5 (thats the situation with USERS WHO SEEING BOLD RED LINE AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN). So those guys managed to bypass exactly this one, it is not related to video output problems or anything else uefiseven wolud fix.

I dont think they published it. There are just instructions on how to modify it (I hope).

I'll defenitely try this method witihin next few days!

5. Poppoporrorororo

Oct 17, 2020
    Yes, but where are these instructions? I don't see any instructions on that post, only images and I can't zoom in because I need to pay for an account, so how can I do this?

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I payed for invite code 3 days before, but still no code arrived...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Poppoporrorororo

Oct 17, 2020
    Oh... rip, Is there someone else who has the invite code?

8. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I finaly got it, but there si no download link now..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Poppoporrorororo

Oct 17, 2020
    Ok, but, can you however give me your invite code?

10. Wong Ting Lun

Wong Ting Lun MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2020
  11. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
  12. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    @manatails I integrated UefiSeven into winre.wim, boot.wim, install.wim and placed them also in DVD boot folder. Then I tried this UefiSeven ISO in VirtualBox - created Windows 7 x64 VM with EFI enabled. And booting freezed on Windows logo. Are there any other steps, that needs to be done? All my images have removed all 3rd drivers, only Microsoft generic drivers are present and modded XHCI driver.

13. FriendlyPP

FriendlyPP MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    How did you do this? The instructions are given to just rename a file and put another file in exchange.
    Anyway, if UefiSeven is no help for you, you can try patch your Windows 7 Install image by FlashBoot PRO. I had BIG RED LINE at the top of my screen at boot, when it hangs, and UefiSeven did not help me, but FlashBoot did. It allowed me to see at least the name of error, by which I discovered that my device simply use newer ACPI 5.0 standard. (so I think that everyone who sees red artifact line at top of the screen are also trying to boot it on ACPI 5.0 devices but they are just don't see blue screen)
    My device is GPD WIN from Gamepad Digital Company powered by Intel Cherry Trail (Intel Atom X7 Z8750) btw...

14. Poppoporrorororo

Oct 17, 2020
    My device is an ASUS X509-FB with Intel i5 8265-U Whiskey Lake

15. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    #196 George King, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  16. Wong Ting Lun

Wong Ting Lun MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2020
    #197 Wong Ting Lun, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    They still haven't updated <SMXDIY Integrated version Win7 ISO>, and <modded ACPI.sys> still has no plans to release it independently. <modded ACPI.sys> will be integrated into the .wim file of <SMXDIY Integrated version Win7 ISO>. They may release a new ISO this month or next month, and then can use the DISM tool to extract <modded ACPI.sys>.

17. FriendlyPP

FriendlyPP MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    So they don't want to just share one single acpi.sys file?

18. Wong Ting Lun

Wong Ting Lun MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2020
    #199 Wong Ting Lun, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Yes, because there are too many shameless people in China who always like to change the name of other people's research results and then say that it is their own research results, so they(SMXDIY forum) does not want those shameless people to easily get <modded ACPI.sys>.

19. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    So best solution is post it also here on MDL Maybe you should tell it to Canoncong or Xiaofeng, they also posted their USB3 drivers on WinRaid forum, so maybe they can do it here too with ACPI patch.