UefiSeven: Easily boot Windows 7 on UEFI class 3 devices

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manatails, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Chuterix

Chuterix MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    @svet6ma Delete your ISO and use clean SP1 ISO with latest updates. ISO you downloaded is really crap

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    Its already SP1? Are you sure? I just used it on VMWare and it warked flawlessly nearly without any errors. While other untouched Ultimate SP1 had. VM tools for example didn't give an errors and vice versa. Also Whatsapp for example installed without need to add any NDP452 and etc. It even had less updates needed from Simplix pack. So could you give me some info on this?

Also I have searched too much and got tired to find clean untouched copies. Digitalriver is down. And even this forum you can't find it easy way).

4. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Short answer would be "do as he says". Long answer - someone has to post a dissertation on why the iso you used:
    - is absolute garbage
    - is not up-to-standard for an actual clean msft iso but rather someone's school project for servicing an image at home
    - is not offline-servicing-friendly

Download an actual clean windows 7 sp1 media refresh iso, the ones released in may 2011, and use that as base. NEVER use any of these 2018 "official homebrews".

5. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    Ok, you know better). I'm downloading 677332 version right now. Could x15-65922 be choice for any reason?

And would it solve my original issue, how do you think?

6. Gelip

Gelip MDL Member

Feb 28, 2011
    @svet6ma
    en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso

7. If you have UEFI Class 3 system, try this.
    If you have older system, just use FAT32 (not NTFS) formatted USB sitck (here is the manual).

8. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    I'm afraid it will make my life harder))
    Are you sure that it wouldn't work just with some Uefiseven tricks?) Because others reported success with just Uefiseven))

Is Integrate7 - still could not be worked with latest Win10, or even 11?

9. You have 3 options:

1. Use Windows 10 installer + Windows 7 with integrated video driver for your hardware. You have to manually find the driver first, original or modded version (win-raid forum could help).
    Next, what Integrate7 does for you is joining Win10 installer with Win7 DVD and integrating your video driver to it. So it is easy to install afterwards.
    2. UefiSeven
    3. Flashboot Pro

10. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    Method 1, I think I`ll give a try at the end. Method 2, I think it didn't work?.. Method 3 is new to me, must lookup)

11. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    I've looked up a little. So 2 and 3'rd options are not for me. 1st one may work but, the more I dig more I understands that there are too much stuff to work around..Don't know could I do all of this or not? GPU drivers, integrated and discrete, NVMe, USB 3.1, Wifi, chipset drivers and so on.. And all of this must work for win7 x64). OH)))

12. No, you only need GPU drivers and only integrated (not discrete) to complete installation.
    Generic NVMe and generic USB3 drivers are already included in Integrate7.
    All other drivers can be installed later, when Windows is already installed.

The most complicated part is to find proper integrated GPU drivers because without them, you can install Windows, but you will have blank display and thus you will be unable to do anything after installation.

13. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    I almost gave up, but after your this message I think I`ll give a try) Thanks. I`ll post further if I face problems).

14. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021
    "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation" I think I saw this somewhere, but I'm not sure). Integrate7 done its job. Then I wrote new ISO with rufus to 32GB flash drive. Installation began, but at last step gave me this error.

15. svet6ma

svet6ma MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2021