Ultimate SLP OEM key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manojmat, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Monkey

Flying Monkey MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    No upgrade possible from E to normal version, unfortunately, so the current OEM key is useless for you unless you do a clean install. I'm in the same boat and I'll probably go for a clean install again with the proper oem dvd.

There might still be a leaked E key. Microsoft confirmed they shipped E versions to manufacturers. So there might be batches of E version reaching stores, maybe only for a short time, or maybe not at all if the EU moves fast. In any case, the wait for a E SLP OEM key might be very long, be aware of that

2. colinzim

colinzim MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2007
    #422 colinzim, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    No Windows 7 E after all!
    Published Saturday, August 01, 2009 2:57 AM by Steven Bink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The software maker said late Friday that it decided to ship the same version of Windows 7 for Europe after PC makers complained that having to use the browserless version of Windows 7 for a short period of time would be a pain.

"In the wake of last week's developments, as well as continuing feedback on Windows 7 E that we have received from computer manufacturers and other business partners, I'm pleased to report that we will ship the same version of Windows 7 in Europe in October that we will ship in the rest of the world," deputy general counsel Dave Heiner said in a statement.

The commission had said it "welcomed" Microsoft's move, also giving the software some confidence that it could ship Windows 7 with the browser included. If the commission accepts Microsoft's proposal, it will fully implement that proposed ballot screen to Windows 7 buyers in Europe.

"One reason we decided not to ship Windows 7 'E' is concerns raised by computer manufacturers and partners," Heiner said. "Several worried about the complexity of changing the version of Windows that we ship in Europe if our ballot screen proposal is ultimately accepted by the Commission and we stop selling Windows 7 'E'. Computer manufacturers and our partners also warned that introducing Windows 7 'E', only to later replace it with a version of Windows 7 that includes IE, could confuse consumers about what version of Windows to buy with their PCs."

Full story at CNET

4. stirling

stirling MDL Junior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #424 stirling, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. thi13een

thi13een MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2008
    ah, ill just reformat again :( .... what's the worst that could happen?

6. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    What exactly does this mean? What leaked OEM Disk gives the PID ending in 00049? I thought the leaked Lenovo key gives 00497 on all computers regardless of manufacturer?

7. bigmutt

bigmutt MDL Novice

May 27, 2009
    Windows 7 Loader ????

How did you run the Windows 7 loader, before W7 install?
    I'm getting ready to try this and need ALL the instructions, sorry!

thanks.
    Rick

8. xmadski1lx

xmadski1lx MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    hello! i just ordered me a brand new laptop from HP... the Dv4t model... if the laptop comes with a free upgrade to windows 7, does that mean my laptop already have SLIC 2.1 installed?

If it already does, can i just do a clean install of windows 7 ultimate 7600 x64 and use the oem key provided here?

9. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007

Totally 100 percent correct brother!!

10. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    ... And that new key will leak again and again and again.... lol

Block an OEM:SLP key is so stupid.

11. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Agree, microsoft can't stop this :cool:

12. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    So far they haven't, so maybe they agree with you. :D

13. fantasyhustler

fantasyhustler MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
  14. PluG

PluG MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Man you guys LOL

you have to remember even if the key is blacklisted,
    all you do is install win7

use the loader, imput the same key that very key will still install no matter what and say activated

then you just set windows updates to manual install

then when updates come out, look over them then install
    simple as that.

15. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    So it's been being reported over and over again by people who don't take the time to read first and see if what they're about to post is something new.

16. Sandro

Sandro MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2008
    The key work DELL Slic table.