Ultimate SLP OEM key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manojmat, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #461 kukubau, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. ecpeachy

ecpeachy MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #462 ecpeachy, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Still Active

My Machine is still active using the DELL SLIC2.1 bios mod

I enabled windows update, still active

WGA wont check till win7 is publicly available, and it is still active.

So maybe they'll blacklist it after August 6th or October 22nd if at all.

So there is no reason to panic (at least for now, as for later I'm sure there will be other keys leaked that Micro$oft wont be able to block)

as for GMLP's problem, maybe there is something wrong with the certificate (I couldnt get the HP SLIC to work too)

just my 2cents :)

3. odyssey

odyssey MDL Novice

May 1, 2009
    Does anyone know how (if) I can block Windows Update from the host file?

Unfortunately I'm on a domain with Win7 telling me "Some settings are managed by your system administrator" and no option to change anything.

Still I have 3 PC's activated and none blacklisted yet appearently.

What does slmgr -ato do?

4. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Use google for the - ato. You cannot block WGA from the hosts file. Which loader did you use ?

5. mitza97

mitza97 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Where can i find please an Windows 7 pid checker ?

6. GMLP

GMLP MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Guess I have to re-install Win7 anyway. And that f**king lo*ader messed up my whole system so badly I couln't even boot! There must be a System Reserved Partition at some stage 'cause installing it on drive C will just brick your OS. As for the HP certificate, which one is the latest and working one?

7. evetsnameloc

evetsnameloc MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    My question is---how to know which updates are safe?

There is a new "Important Update" waiting in my Windows Update list --"Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.63.812.0)"

I'm worried that Microsoft will sneak the blacklisting of the key into one of these updates and not reveal that it is in there.

8. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It wont, your save to use it :cool:. Already tested :)

9. Bobs626

Bobs626 MDL Junior Member

Jan 30, 2008
    check your key

I had the same thing earler and checked and my key was somehow changed to a retail, changed it back and it was reactivated again, and been working since then.

10. winwatcher

winwatcher MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    If you are worried about it, do not install "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.63.812.0)"

I installed "7Emulation_English" on a Dell D620 and it does not allow "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.63.812.0)" to be installed.

11. cleggy

cleggy MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2009
    hELP
    I NEED TO GET SLIC 2.1 OM MY BIOS,,,HOW DO I DO IT PLS

I HAVE A DELL DIMENSION 9200 WITH BIOS 2.5.3

WHERE DO I GET THE SLIC 2.1 OR WHATEVER I NEED AND THEN WHAT DO I DO

LOOK FORWARD TO SOME HELP IN EASY TO UNDERSTAND STEPS

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #473 HotCarl, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    I would suggest that you do some research on google first. Flashing your BIOS is not for novice users. You can easily "brick" your PC if you are not careful...rendering your computer's motherboard (and thus your PC) completely useless. Your PC will no longer "turn on" if that happens, and you will most likely have to take your PC to a repair shop and hope that they can recover your BIOS. The BIOS chip on your motherboard, within your PC, is one of the last things you want to mess with if you do not understand what you are doing, and the whole process that goes into flashing a BIOS... If you know what you are doing, then I suggest asking that question in the appropriate thread in the General Discussion area... You are more likely to get helpful responses if you ask that question in a thread that deals with the topic of flashing your BIOS.

As a side note, it is possible to activate Windows 7 without a BIOS mod. You could install a loäder on your PC to emulate the SLIC 2.1 in your BIOS so you do not have to risk flashing it if you are worried about harming your PC, or if you do not know your exact BIOS & motherboard specs... Or you could always buy Win7 to get a legit key and genuine activation. :p

13. cleggy

cleggy MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2009
    thanks hotcarl

yes i do know about flashing bios etc

just was looking to see if there was one for my pc with slic 2.1

I am already runnning windows 7 with the lo*der but the activation says expires 3/10/2010 so it will be no good after marrch next year

still that gives me plenty of time

Thanks

14. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    If you have the timebomb you are not activated correctly with a loader. You're activated with a toolkit using RC files. With loader (SLIC Emulation) you should not have the the timebomb after cert and key are installed.

15. itou31

itou31 MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2008
    #476 itou31, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  16. pix

pix MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Click on search and type: dell 9200 slic 2.1

17. RedSoxFTW

RedSoxFTW MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Guys, pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob and I'm not going to create a new thread, I'll ask here:

- I understand the leaked key is now blacklisted by Microsoft. My BIOS is MODDED with the DELL 2.1 SLIC but I DID NOT use the key to activate Windows 7 yet. With that in mind:

After October 22, if (when?) a new master key gets leaked, will I be able to activate Windows with the same certificate and BIOS I have NOW, or will I have to have a different certificate and a new BIOS Mod to go with the new leaked master key?

Thanks.

18. ennio

ennio Guest

#479 ennio, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    Just change the key. That is all.

19. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    The key has not been blacklisted by MS and I highly doubt that they will bother. When more keys leak in the coming weeks, you will be able to use any OEM's key to activate Windows, not just Dell's key.