Unable to get Win 10 entitlement on Dell PCs COA sticker "Win 7 Pro OA India" w EN-US

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crashnburn, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #21 Myrrh, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    I hope you are having better luck than me. I could not get that stuff to work no matter what I did.

I ended up using WintoUSB to make a USB-connected SSD into a portable Windows 10 Pro. I booted that in every machine I'm not going to have time to upgrade in the next 24 hours. Some of them activated right away, some I had to input the key from the Win7 OEM sticker on the side of the machine, then they activated. All with -3V6TT digital entitlement.

Maybe coincidence, but it seems the ones that activated instantly are the ones I gathered the xml file on yesterday but failed activation when trying to use the steps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
    #22 makin.ditch, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Maybe coincidence here as well, haha. It sure seems harder to upgrade this past week. Went to a friends a couple days ago and the coa sticker wouldn't activate. No error saying it's been used, instead just not accepted :( Weird. Tried a number of times. It was a Dell as well.
    Most of my previous upgrades were Windows 7 and all went smoothly. Then today I was bored and have a couple tablets, figured I'd make them Pro.. What a circus. First one I'm certain activated fine, checked and reinstalled, no DE!. Another one went through the full upgrade and no genuine ticket? I had kept one and inserted it, denied. Back to the First one and it upgraded but no activation. Back to the second, same. This time I had a ticket, put it in and it worked fine. I'm not planning on any reinstall for a little while, maybe try linking my MS account first.
    Still playing around with this one, trying again. Doing everything right, only difference from any other one I have done is these are KMS activated. That shouldn't matter though. We've been doing that for 365 days, haven't we?
    Not worried at all, just putting in my 2 cents. I don't know why, maybe MS DE servers getting overloaded?
    Interesting errors though. Last attempt it kept telling me after I inserted ticket that the serial from the KMS activation was invalid.... Maybe MS is cracking down, I just don't see why they would now. I'm thinking their servers are just overloaded.

3. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #23 TONSCHUH, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
  5. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Which method? Please detail.