Unable to update Asus BIOS with SLP

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by magnumx, Mar 6, 2010.

1. magnumx

magnumx MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2008
  2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. magnumx

magnumx MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2008
    I'm loading the text file which has ASUS_FLASH in it in the AMITool.
    Strange part is I downloaded other modded bios's and they don't update the SLP marker either.

5. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
  6. diluxp

diluxp MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2007
    I faced the same problem with asus m68-plus but i faced the same problem when i used. wait for bios update from asus

7. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    I had a similar problem when modding a bios with the amitool with the slp string not showing. My problem was solved by going into the advanced option on the tool and ticking the box with "Insert slp string in ibm region". I then mooded the bios using this configuration and the slp string was shown in slic dump. I am sure this will be the case with magnumx problem mentioned above.
    Let us no if this is the case.

Kind Regards
    bp1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. magnumx

magnumx MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2008
    Success!!

OMG bp1 you are a flippin genius!
    Major kudos to you for that info, it worked perfectly

Thank You:worthy:

9. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    I really can't take the credit for resolving this.
    I remember when this problem occured with me another post on these forums correctly gave the right answer.
    Unfortuantly the search facilty is borked and i was unable to provide a link which from memory was very imformative on ami modding and the ami tool.
    Just also like to say thanks to AndyP for providing this great modding tool.

Any way many thanks for comming back and updating us. This is what makes this forum so good.

Kind Regards

bp1:rolleyes:

10. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    Nice work.
    I remebered seeing that post after you mentioned it also.
    I think it was in the AMI SLIC Tool Thread but I'm Not sure either.

11. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    Very nice info to know for future problem solution like this..

12. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    #14 bp1, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    I have found one of my posts thanking AndyP within the "New AMI BIOS tool for performing SSV2/3 and Dynamic SLIC Modification " thread. Its quite along thread and this didnt resolve the issue on one persons MB. The tool has been greatly improved since then and this trick has always worked for me.

Had a bad day to day - Fried a bios chip in a MB by inserting the wrong way after re-programming with an eprom programmer - Grrrr
    :confused: