Unattended setup not working in UEFI mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mvp77, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Mvp77

Mvp77 MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2016
    Ok, I have a Windows 7 HomePremium x64 and my AutoUnattend.xml file tested and perfectly working.
    But if I try to make an unattended installation in UEFI, the <servicing> pass, in which I remove packages, is completely skipped.
    I repeat, the xml file works perfectly in VirtualBox and BIOS mode (all packages are removed).

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Post the unattend file

3. #5 Deleted member 1071488, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
    Try to integerate unattend.xml file into Panther directory at C:\Windows inside your wim index archive you want to install & cross check if that works.
    Have you captured FFU image or just Wim Image of C: drive.
    Did Oobe Setup Pass in that Custom xml ort showing some error at your end in UEFI .
    Which among these disks are you using for OS installationSata SSD , M2 PCIE or HDD .

4. Mvp77

Mvp77 MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2016
    I've captured as wim.
    No errors with OOBE.
    Disk is SSD.
    I could give a try to unattend apply but, as far as I remember, it didn't work well.
    Anyway, I can always remove the packages offline and create a new install.wim with DISM.
    But the xml procedure is much better.
    I can add or remove packages in the xml file without modifying the image..

5. Mvp77

Mvp77 MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2016
    I tried to capture the image in UEFI, but there's no difference.
    Later I'll try to create a new bootable pendrive with RUFUS, but this time using only UEFI and not BIOS and UEFI.
    I can try to update the BIOS etc.
    The problem with Microsoft is that we have no useful documentation and the source of the problem can be anything..
    Few weeks ago I reinstalled my old Sound Blaster Z and the control panel didn't work..
    Can you believe that it didn't because I removed the IIS WebServer component?!
    What does IIS has to do with a sound card..???