Unhide Hiidden Volume on Win 8.1 on Toshiba Satelite Notebook.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by vze2mp9g, Jun 9, 2014.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Can anyone assist me to unhide hidden volume on a Toshiba Satelite Notebook. Please see screen shots.

diskpart-1.jpg diskpart-1.jpg Diskpart-2.jpg Diskpart-2.jpg

This is my 74 year old mother's notebook, who is just now learning how to use Windows 8.1 and her Android Galaxy III phone. I would appreciate any and all help concerning this matter.
    Thank You.
    David

:worthy: :cool:

2. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    #2 mabaega, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    How about this ?

unhide volume from explorer :
    Code:
    Select Volume n
    assign
    hide volume from explorer
    Code:
    Select Volume n
    Remove

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why you like to unhide them?

The 300MB Partition is the Recovery Partition Windows use for to storte thr rerquired data in case of a restore is needed while the 100MB Partition is the EFI partition which is needed for to run Windows in EFI mode!

That total of 400MB would not 'hurt' anybody if it's hidden (and safe), while in case they're visible those could be easy deleted, damaged or whatsoever which may lead an fatal error while needed in case of Restore amd/pr emergency!

Did you really like to take that risk??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I don't mind. I'm able to reinstall Windows. I just want to see what was on them.

Lets say I needed to restore the Toshiba notebook to it's original state, how could I do that? The reason why I ask is because when I unhide the volume, there were no files, even when I used dir /ah.

Thank you for taking the time to point out the dangers. I respect people like you.
    Thank You. :)
    David

5. eydee

eydee Guest

Mount the partition with a linux live CD if you really want to see its contents. There's no need to mess up your main system for such thing. To find out how to restore the notebook read its manual, that's why there is one.