UniFlash extract of DG33BU/DG33FB/DG33TL/DP35DP Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by gcb, Jan 3, 2012.

1. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    I've been given a retail Intel motherboard, DG33BU, which has somehow ended up with a blank Bios ID, and every attempt to get the Bios updated has failed. All of the Intel methods for updating the Bios (Windows, DOS or the BIOS Recovery procedure with the Config jumper removed) return errors stating a Bios ID mismatch and do not allow the flash process to continue.
    I would like to try rewriting the BIOS using UniFlash but in order to do that, I need a valid Bios backup from a clean board. The Bios for this board is EFI, so Intel2AMI cannot be used to extract a rom file from the Intel supplied bio file.

Please would anyone with one of these boards (DG33BU, DG33FB, DG33TL or DP35DP) extract the Bios image from their board with UniFlash for me?

UniFlash does not recognise the Bios chip by default, so you need to start it with switch "-FORCE BF8E" for the SST 25VF080B chip. Also, the version of UniFlash that recognises this chip is available at rom(dot)by and is named Uniflash2.00.a.02.SPI-support.zip (Sorry, don't have enough posts to post a link )

I'm hoping this will correct the problem. Do you think this will work, or am I wasting my time?

2. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    #2 nmm, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    gcb

I wrote small Instructions for oa2intel. How modit Intel MotherBoards
    ================================================== ===================
    I. Updated latest original Bios from Intel.
    ²².Choose method of modifying: from Dos with boot usb flashdrive, or Windows mode.
    Method of Dos preferable.
    III.Windows mode
    1.Unzip all contents of the archive oa2intelwin.rar on Drive C: \. You must have
    C:\oa2intelwin\.
    2.Run cmd.lnk type cd c:\oa2intelwin\.
    3. Select modified of modifications, with automatic batch file or manually.
    4. Run batch file *. bat (ASUS.cmd, HP.cmd, DELL.cmd) and at the end of the process restarts.
    5. In case of failure, go to manual mode.
    6. Teams: OA2INTELWIN update pubkey.bin marker.bin sign.bin
    OA2INTELWIN erase
    OA2INTELWIN setmarker marker.bin
    OA2INTELWIN status
    Utility must give you a case of successful flashing the message "Programmed".
    IV.Flashing from Dos
    1.Create bootable USB flash drive or by copying the files to the folder DOS.
    2.Start HPUSBFW.EXE from the Administrator, select Create a Dos startup disk, put on the item
    "using Dos systems files located at", Specify the folder with the DOS \. After the copy to create a USB flash drive
    all the files from the folder "copy to flash !!!!".
    3.In Bios choose boot from USB, or "boot removable device first".
    4.Chose how modified, an automaton with a batch file or manually.
    5. Run batch file *. bat (ASUS.BAT, HP.BAT, DELL.BAT) and at the end of the process restarts.
    6. In case of failure, go to manual mode.
    7. Teams: OA2INTEL update pubkey.bin marker.bin sign.bin
    OA2INTEL erase
    OA2INTEL setmarker marker.bin
    OA2INTEL status
    Utility must give you a case of successful flashing the message "Programmed".
    VI. Reboot, run SLIC_Dump_Toolkit and make sure that there pabkeya and marker in the BIOS.
    VII. Then insert the key, certificate, and activate the system.

Attached Files:

3. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Hi nmm, thanks, but I know how to use OA2INTEL. I'm not trying to mod this Bios. What I need here is to get the BIOS of this motherboard in a working state because the BIOS ID is blank. The Intel flashing tools do not allow the bios to be updated when they think the wrong bios is been used.

4. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Date dump for July 2009
    cmd:\WIN.BAT
    Reboot, slic toolkit 3.2-slik 2.1 is present!
    Date it is returned on the flowing

5. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    nmm, I have no idea what you're trying to say....

Please let me repeat, this is NOT a mod request to get a SLIC inserted. I'm just trying to repair a damaged BIOS on an Intel DG33BU motherboard.

6. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    gcb

flash update
    Try to update by means of Intel® Integrator Toolkit

7. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    This includes Integrator Toolkit, it says the Bios is corrupted, that is why I need to try a NON-INTEL method like UniFlash. So, if anyone can send me a UniFlash extract I'd be most grateful!!

8. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    UniFlash does not support Intel EFI (Bios)

9. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
  10. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Exactly! That's why I need a UniFlash extract directly from the chip, a raw 1024KB dump of the bios.

11. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Try to use flashrom.

12. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Thanks, but first I need a useable ROM image..........

Hopefully someone with one of these boards will be able to assist.

13. nmm

nmm MDL Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Thanks, but first I need a useable ROM image..........

Attached Files:

14. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    UniFlash, Flashrom or any other flasher need a rom file to program the bios, not an Intel bio file. Which file am I going to use to reprogram the bios on this board?
    This is why I requested a UniFlash extract from someone with a valid board.

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i think a friend of mine has a dp35dp .. with a shutdown/restart issue from factory box since first day .. i will let u know soon.

16. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Thanks LatinMcG, I managed to get hold of WhiteDevil who had an bios dump of a DP35DP board (latest bios revision). If it's not too much trouble for your friend, it would be useful to have another image to compare against WhiteDevil's copy before I flash (or trash) the bios :)

17. gcb

gcb MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    I'm hoping that someone on another forum will be able to extract a bios image for me soon. In the meantime, I've built a spi flash programmer, desoldered the chip from the motherboard and attached it to the programmer and can read and write the chip. I've written the DP35DP image I got from WhiteDevil. The board boots, I just need to use an external graphics card as the DP35DP doesn't have onboard. Unfortunately still cannot flash using Intel tools, board just turns off as soon as iflash or iflash2 start. Uniflash works, so i still need a bios image for a DG33BU if anyone can help?

18. khanz

khanz MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    Need DP35DP flash Dump

if any of you guys got it.do forward...

19. Carlos Noval

Carlos Noval MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2017
    Hi, guys! My english is not very good, sorry for the inconvenience. Gcb, I need a dump of the SPI chip that you obtained. My motherboard reports "ME corruption" and is unable to flash itself using Intel software. Does anyone have a dump of this BIOS?