Uninstall office 2007 on Vista

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by joannecalf@yahoo.com, Nov 17, 2008.

1. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008
    Hi Can anyone help me?

I need to uninstall Office 2007 as my laptop has downloaded it too many times...don't ask how I don't have a clue but now my Hard drive is full... when I try to Uninstall it says; Setup Error , System could not find any available products, please contact system administrator.....is is definately there and its my personal laptop so I don't know what to do...Anyone have any ideas?

Damselle in Distress
    x

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #2 HMonk, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    OS uninstall

Good grief Blondie, if it's not one thing it's another . . . . . .:rolleyes:

There are ways to go about what you want to do but first a few questions about your setup before I offer possible solutions.

Windows is not going to simply let you uninstall itself if that is your primary/only operating system.

1. Do you have a dual boot system, i.e. XP/Vista or is Vista your only OS?
    2. I assume, since you said you have a laptop, you have only one internal HDD - yes?
    3. Do you have a USB drive you can connect to your machine?
    4. For future reference, if you have a dual system, is XP on C:\ and Vista on D:\?
    5. Do you intend to roll back to XP or reinstall a clean version of Vista?
    6. Do you have all of your installation discs (say XP, Vista, other progs)?
    7. Does your laptop have a burning CD or DVD Rom?
    8. Do you have a USB flash drive?
    9. Do you have bootable "emergency" discs?
    10. If going back to XP will your machine boot from an XP CD? (Some XP CDs out of the box will not boot)

I ask all of these questions (there may be more) because, while it is simple enough to uninstall Vista, you are not working in a vacuum. The first obvious question is, after Vista is gone, what's left and how do you access it. You ain't lived until you boot and the bootstrap stops and you see <NTLDR missing> or <HAL.dll missing> or <invalid disc> or some nebulous <System error>. Secondly, elsewhere you have acknowledged that you are not well versed in computer machinations. My goal, therefore, is to allow you to uninstall Vista - hopefully - without disabling your OS and creating a worse problem for you that you will not know how to manage.

Bottom line: make haste slowly.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    #3 datcat, Nov 19, 2008
    Before You do anything at all, consider save important data:
    -at least on a USB-stick! ;)
    -to another PC

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    She wants to uninstall office 2007, not vista......;):eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    #5 datcat, Nov 19, 2008
    I know but:
    -she had those troubles for a good week... (in another thread)
    -she continues to struggle...
    -the risk of something important getting lost is increasing...
    -if she all of a sudden "gives up" she may forget to save presious files! ;)

...just a thought :):eek:

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  7. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Update

Just read Datcat's post. He gets it!

Another thought occurs to me. Office 2007 Trial installer is 815MB. What do you mean you've DLed it too many times? If you got it from MS, DigitalRiver WILL NOT let you DL and keep more than one copy. It will either use what you have already DLed or delete your existing copy and DL a fresh copy????

If you have multiple DLs (from different sources, like Torrents), find them and delete all but one. That should free up a bunch of space.

Monk