Unistalling TurboTax 2008

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dragonfire665, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, for some reason Turbotax 2008 was acting up, so i decided to remove it. While using Vista Ultimate Unistall Programs it froze halfway and i left it like that for like 40mins it never came back. I restart my computer and when i tried to unistall it wont do it, it just wont go anywhere so i use Revo Unistaller. I went thru the normal steps and it took it out, i go to Vista Unistaller and is not there, but now im trying to reinstall Turbo Tax and it keeps saying that Turbo Tax is already installed, i need to remove it first before i can reinstall it. What can i do now? there is no Turbotax folder or anything anywhere i can find where i can remove Turbotax. I retry Revo and Vista unistaller but none of them show TurboTax. What can i do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. fxrtoy

fxrtoy MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    Uninstall Turbotax 2008

If you have a backup - restore that backup and then uninstall using Vista Uninstaller. I had the same problem.

3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    wat about system restore cuz i dont have a backup of it, can i restore my computer to like a day ago when turbotax was still install and unistall it from there or not

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    thats a good idea, the only issues is that Turbo Tax does not have an option to Reinstall the software, so when i ran the installation, it says Turbo Tax is already installed but yea Unistall Software does not work for Turbo Tax, but yea it works great on anyother software. I even use REVO UNISTALLER, by what it is, it was supposed to be unistalled even registries. I went to Unistall software within Vista Ultimate Control Panel and it wasnt there, i try to rerun the software and it still says Turbo Tax is already install, please unistall before you can continue. thats some bull

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Taxing issue

A few questions:

1. When you ran mciuu2.exe was TT in the list of installed progs? If yes, I am surprised that it did not uninstall TT because your issue is what mciuu2.exe was designed for. :confused:

2. Is there still a shortcut icon or TT directory (with TT.exe present)? In other words as far as one can see (in Computer/Explorer/DT, etc.) are all visible signs of TT gone?

3. If any files remain, right-click: how are attributes set?

4. Did you scan registry for TT entries?

5. TurboTax is now part of Intuit: any Intuit entries in Revo, add/remove, mciuu2.exe?

Post back.

Monik

7. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    nothing worked by the way, so here is the only solution that worked, REINSTALLATION OF VISTA, i wont lie i do like Vista but man this really never happened with XP Pro, and please i dont need to hear people telling, so then why did u change if u r complaining? well in case of that im not complainin, im just sayin that Vista is very delicate, anything you do just truely damages it. So since i tried all suggestion and thank you everyone but they didnt work, i really do think there was somethin wron with Windows files after that which is why i reinstalled

8. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    A good solution

Hey Dragon . . .

We all do what we have to do, even those who rag on us for doing it! I did what you did but took it one step further: I finally uninstalled Vista and reinstalled XP after a short time. Sure there are some things Vista can do that XP can't but, for me, the the orgasm was not worth the headache! :rolleyes:

One of the problems is that progs are getting so complex that it seems that no matter how long they are beta tested the final release is too buggy. I think part of the difficulty is that MS and others rely on updated versions for continuing income. If the time between updates is great, revenues go down. At the same time, during the interim years, the existing progs have gone through a number of SP/security updates and FINALLY they become fairly stable.

I am now testing Win7: looks good, runs like your grandmother in a potato sack. :eek:

In spite of your anticipating that some might give you sarcastic retorts (less likely on MyDigital), you posted back with what you did. Great man!!! (Loud applause) By so doing, you add to everyone's knowledge and you, in effect, tell the pseudo intellectuals to go climb a tree.

Monk

9. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    thank ou Monk, but one thin i tell you for sure, i wont install Turbo Tax on Vista but heck Tax Cut is workin great and is givin me huge refunds lol, thats how im gettin my new MONITOR. lol