Universal KMS Activator (KMSA 6.0) Preliminary Tests

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Phazor, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    I understand that, we can simply keep a counter and exit.

If counter reaches max value and still gpr < 259200, inform the user that product could not be activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I agree. That would work.

The main thing is that there is something that makes it stop once it is obvious that something hinders the activation process.

I would say as a rule of thumb, if it doesnt work after say 10 consecutive requests then there is most likely something wrong with the setup.

The most attemps i ever needed to make was 4 if i remember correctly, however in 99.99% of cases it works 1st or 2nd try, so 10 tries seems to be a reasonable limit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #43 MasterDisaster, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    0x800700D occurs consecutively in Office 2010 when it is in Notification mode.

I beleive it is the same in Windows too.

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    800700D means 'invalid data' and at least with Windows it can and does also occur if the system is still within the 180 days.

I never quite figured out why exactly this particular error happens, but since it goes away eventually i assume it is some momentary data-transmission error in the network.

(Because if Windows cannot establish the connection to the Host at all it says something like "KMS Host not available". This means when 800700D occurs the connection definitely stood, only the data-exchange was somehow incorrect.)

5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    This is looking good when the hack reaches final I will add this to the Office 2010 repo so that I can replace the MINI-KMS activator with this...
    Not that I don't have faith with the russians I just like stuff in english and at least this time around I know who is the author of it...
    Good luck thou in finalizing this great software...

6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    One reason why i like this method so much is because there isnt even any hacking involved.

• You install the GVLK that belongs to your edition

• You set the Host Machine Name to your own loopback

• You tell Windows to activate

• The Host tells Windows what it wants to hear and Windows complies

Result: Windows activates itself just like a Retail edition would activate via a Microsoft activation server.

No file patching, no memory patching, no whatever - the system itself stays 100% untouched in every regard.

Simple, clean, genuine, ingenious. :)

7. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #47 SoLoR, Jul 1, 2010
    I assume this is based on old ZWT KMS Server? Or you did it from scratch? Why im asking this is because if its 2nd, it would be nice to have KMS server on linux, since i run it 24/7 as a router in home network with 5 PCs ;) about that 0x800700D error, i get it as well with original ZWT server, never figured out how to get rid off and usualy i need to compleatly reinstall windows+office (didnt find any other way yet), but since im usualy reinstalling windows once/month its not a big deal.

8. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    #48 HSChronic, Jul 1, 2010
    couple issues:

I get some error saying can't find ahost then it continues

I also get the error looking for the x86 directory of Office 2010 when I use x64 for both Windows and Office.

Still doesn't work on Server Core. Same thing as the last one starts the batch file then just runs through without any prompting.

Oh and I just ran the endless activation script. Yes it does do an endless activation if you get nothing but 800700d errors. I just let it run for about 30 mins with not a single successful activation.

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    And there's no restart required so... Priceless...lol

10. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Yep its a very good method pretty much there is no such thing in the way of hacking windows so as to keep it 100% untouched...
    Except for IR4 and thats basically it cause with the other methods you have you have to disable the activation software...
    And getting pass the validation becomes slightly more difficult even thou its not necessary...

11. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    fault.jpg

get this error when running on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

12. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

OK I can now say you've got my attention Phazor, I will test this once it's final PERIOD hehe :)

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #53 Tito, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    Hey Phazor, it activates my Office Pro Plus 2010..... nice work ~ but a GUI should be better....

EDIT

Some errors occurred, again I run it under XP and it shows OSPP service can't be started, also in XP it automatically started the activation process without asking any choice.....

14. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    that's group volume license key

15. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Well lets just say it is a 'variation', but yes, ZWTs code is still doing the talking to sppsvc.

(Thats why they are credited in the apps tooltip.)

Considering that somebody else had an access violation related error on a Server edition yesterday, im beginning to think that this is some memory management related issue unique to Servers. Actually im quite certain of that, because the 'cannot find ahost' clearly indicates that something prevents the app from working with its virtual environment which exists only in memory. Unfortunately i dont have any Server editions i could fool around with myself, but i will see if i can find out more and adapt if possible.

But first the question: Did you do anything special to your memory management, you know, like activating some function or feature or using some software i should be aware of? Anything non-standard that makes it differ from Client editions?

16. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    The app is not supposed to be run under XP.

It is for Vista and higher.

17. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Well, i knew it was something with "G"...:p

18. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Easy KMS Gangsta...lol :p

19. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010