Unrar a file

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Pasta88, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I am trying to extract some .rar files. They go from .x01 to .x45 and then .rar at the end. When I highlite all the files and rightclick select extract all the files only the 1st when gets done. What am i doing wrong?

thx

2. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Right click only the first file (the .rar) and choose extract. Poof, you're done. If it still fails, the one (or more) of the files is corrupt.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    This rar files on some file sharing sites and the alternatives available make me stay away from movies/softwares in multiple, double digit files. I did try it once and I think winzip does not do it even though the rar files have a zip icon. Only winrar does.

What you are saying is that suppose I have 39 rar files of the same movie, I extract rar 1 and whatever i downloaded (39 rar files) will go into a folder with all the uploader sent. In a movie case, I will get a movie (avi) and whatever else. In a program case, I will get the exe and the instructions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes, just click extract on one and they will all extract to the same place. You do have to use WinRAR to extract them WinZip will not work. When there is all those rar files it means that it is a split archive so that means the original rar file was split into smaller files. The reason people do that is when downloading by torrent the download uses less bandwidth and also doesn't take as long, because when people are downloading they are all downloading the separate pieces instead of everyone downloading from the same file all at once which slows everything down.