[UNSUPPORTED] Open 7 act*vator by Nononsence [revised by HotCarl] ;-)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HotCarl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    @PAYMYRENT: lol!

BTW, thanks freeman. :)

I got caught up in more of Omdhar's bs, so I forgot to thank you for the bug report.

That is crazy that O7A is not detecting the SLIC correctly on your PC. Do you have a loader installed for the SLIC 2.1 (and a BIOS with SLIC 2.0 in it)?
    It is crazy because the code I use enumerates the firmware tables in memory and parses them to find whether you have SLIC 2.0 or 2.1.
    There must be something in the code that is not working correctly on all systems. It works fine in all of my testing.

I will definitely look into that. Thank you for the bug report and pictures! :D :D

2. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    @omdhar: If this behaviour continues you be infracted and if persistence prevails even banned.

3. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Well.. i've hard modded bios.. Dell M09..
    thanks.. i hope u solve this in ur next version..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Ok, I just had to ask so I could somewhat determine where the error is originating from.
    I know that Dells are shakey sometimes when it comes to matters with SLIC and activation. I will definitely look into it and see what I can do.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post those pictures and the bug report. :biggrin: :biggrin:
    It is very much appreciated! :D

5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    @HotCarl

your pm box is full lol

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009

Aack...sorry :p

My bad, I just cleared them out...lol :p
    I keep forgetting to do that lately...

7. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just like to say a huge thank you to Hotcarl and all the other contributors. I used the activator on my unbranded PC, just clicked once on ACER and all has worked perfectly so far.
    What impressed me was the neat appearance of the screen and the help files. Even more surprising is to hear Hotcarl talking about going back to school. I think we might have another Shawn Fanning or Jon Lech Johansen. These young people literally changed the world for millions of people. This would surely look good on a CV for a top job at Google or even Microsoft. What will be interesting is to see what happens if the free Google OS is any good. I now use Chrome 99% of the time and all the Microsoft search tools are rubbish compared to Google. I wish Microsoft would just make an OS without all the crap like media player, or at least allow more bits to be removed easily.

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #508 HotCarl, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    (OP)
    Thank you very much for the kind words! Just FYI, I am in college, so I am not that young :p but thank you for the compliments. :)

That is great that O7A is working as intended, and was able to pick the best settings based on the state of your Windows just prior to activation. I am happy to hear that you are activated and O7A worked well for you :D :biggrin:

I am currently working on the next version and have added a couple things, but nothing major yet...havent had the time :p I did add support for the removal of random loaders though when clicking the [Uninstall Loader File Only] button in the "Advanced Options" window (instead of just disabling the randomly named loader)... I will probably end up adding the randomly named loader removal code to the [Uninstall] button on the main O7A window as well, because if I were to click [Uninstall] when running O7A I would expect it to remove everything (remove any random named loaders, normal "grldr" loaders, and if bootmgr has been modified replace it with the original) and put Windows back to how it was before a loader was installed... (e.g.: "uninstalling" basically entails removing all loader files and installing a trial key)
    I have some more stuff I am doing, that is just what I am messing with right now :) ...but I will get into that later when I release the next version (hopefully I have the time to do everything I want to do :p).

9. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
  10. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    It is still a slic inserter, so I doubt it is 100%, but probably closer than a loader, which is probably about 85%.

11. luozhiqi

luozhiqi MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    Stop working under windows server 2008 SP2 Enterprise……

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
  13. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
  14. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    you can use a watermark remover during install

and sfc /scanfile during uninstall lol i was thinking about doing that for my app maybe you could help me?

15. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    #515 secr9tos, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Yeah I know the disadvantage of TESTMODE but only the x64 version of windows is affected. And there is also the option PAYMYRENT mentioned...

EDIT: does anyone know how "atsiv" works in detail? I mean this tool is able to load unsigned drivers into the kernel...

16. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009

Yeah, the watermark remover just modifies the registry (I think, if I recall correctly what it does) so it should not be a big deal to modify the registry to not show the watermark when the driver is installed, then if the driver is uninstalled put the reg settings back to normal... Hopefully I can have some time to look into that soon, when I am done re-doing the stuff in O7A that I need to. I cant really do anything today unfortunately, I need to work on school stuff... :-/

17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i thought it changed user32.dll.mui ???

18. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Maybe it did...I dont remember honestly. I recalled someone in another thread saying that it was a registry setting, but now that I think about it I may be mistaken because I think that person was referring to the version watermark on the desktop and not the test mode watermark.

Either way, it would be something I would have to look into later...as I need to leave in a few for a meeting... :-/

19. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #520 tuvi123, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010